New Mot Rule - Standard Xenons?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
What happens with cars which have Xenons as standard but no washer jet system/ Self level for them? Likes of Accord Type R's etc?

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Doesnt make any sense, there are thousands of cars on the road without washer jet systems and xenons from the factory!

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Yeah my thoughts also, think the old clio 182? has the xenons, friend owns one, but only was washer jets, doesnt have projector lenses iirc, and i doubt it has leveling system.
Its going to be a sketchy rule, but ive MOT end of this month, going to enquire a bout it, need to ask about the small sunstrip also. :/

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
I'm all for this clamp down, I'm sick of stupid cheap HID kits blinding me.

No doubt though they will remove for mot and refit afterwards, same as people raising their car as they are too low or removing front tinted windows, be interesting to see how it will work out IMO it will prob be any car retro fitted.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
No doubt though they will remove for mot and refit afterwards, same as people raising their car as they are too low or removing front tinted windows, be interesting to see how it will work out IMO it will prob be any car retro fitted.
I know i'll be removing mine for the MOT, and re-fitting, personally dont see an issue with mine, projector lense with a very definitive beam pattern

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Me too, im sick of seeing 306's etc blinding me, but for people with proper Xenons and lacking the other, its going to be a pain

Yeah I appreciate that, it's definitely going to shaft those who have had proper kits fitted and aligned correctly, but we always knew this day would eventually arrive.

More people have bad kits than good kits though.

Any joy with finding a nice 5, Jas?

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
dsc04505.jpg

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Yea but im not really on about cars with retrofitted HID kits, more so cars with factory Xenons

No I gave up on finding one all mega miles over here or really rough condition, could only find 1 car in England and was working out a price for it and the guy never got back to me, chased him further said a deposit was taken in the time between, so that was nice of him!

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
"May" and "Benefit of the doubt"

In otherwords up to the testers gumption!

Where did this document come from btw? Is there a section on cats?

Its the latest MOT Guidebook Inspection manual (y)

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
Not even close to working in a MOT station, know plenty that do though (y)

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
What happens with cars which have Xenons as standard but no washer jet system/ Self level for them? Likes of Accord Type R's etc?

Accord Type R's have headlamp washers and are self levelling iirc

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Why save that pic on your phone, that is not the DVA testers manual, the only up to date manual for DVA is online

How many threads are we really going to have about this??

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Why save that pic on your phone, that is not the DVA testers manual, the only up to date manual for DVA is online

How many threads are we really going to have about this??

I believe its a question that needs to be asked, and therefore can have as many threads as it likes. This is not discussing all the rules as a whole, its only discussing one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.