New Mot Rule - Standard Xenons?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Surely what JCLC posted before about the sports suspension bit is what'll get you by as thats what they look for in SVA?

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
http://www.monaghanbros.co.uk/newmodels/lancer_evo_9.pdf

Functional
Central door locking with keyless entry   
Door mirrors, electrically adjustable and folding   
Front strut tower bar   

Headlamps, HID, with fog lamps 

Tyre puncture repair kit   
Wipers, variable intermittent with washer, front   
Wiper, intermittent with washer, rear   
Window demister, rear   

BTW Sorry lad when you buy your new Evo you won't be fit to MOT her :p

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Well maybe you can explain to me then seeing as I'm not 'getting the point'.

You've already confirmed that you are pretty clear on the rules and what's required for MOT. If you don't have the washers fitted then you'll fail. What other deeply hidden point is there that I'm missing out on? Are you hoping to somehow rock up to the MOT centre and say that there's nothing technically 'broken', it passed last year and therefore you don't think you need it? It doesn't work like that. Sometimes the rules change, it sucks, but you got to deal with it.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Your totally missing the point, I or any other Evo 8-9 owner didn't go out and after market fitted HID kits to the cars, they came into the country with the kit.

Many bought them from Mitsi UK as full UK cars, do you expect some 2-3000 or more cars to start bodging there front bumpers or shelling out £500+ for 2nd hand halogen headlights? Don't think so.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yes you've said that already Jas Lad, and yes I would expect everyone to 'bodge' bumpers (if they so desire) and/or fit halogens. If that's the new rules then they'll need to suck it up and sort their cars out. As I said before, it sucks but there's sweet FA you can do if you want a MOT. Having a go at me isn't going to resolve anything.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I still think some discretion is required myself, bit of a joke when its examples like already mentioned...

Unfortunately its nothing that isnt gonna be sorted out anytime soon :broken_heart:

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
I still think some discretion is required myself, bit of a joke when its examples like already mentioned...

Unfortunately its nothing that isnt gonna be sorted out anytime soon :broken_heart:

I know, i'm trying to make a stand for it, but im sure there will be some seriously pissed off Evo owners

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Oh absolutely DC - they could have done it like foglights and seatbelts where they say any car built after xx date must have the proper bits fitted but the aftermarket plebs have ruined it for the rest. Evo owners are very much the minority overall. Good luck with the quest Jas Lad lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Its not just Evo owners who'll be pissed tho, it affects a few other motors too. There is a world outside your current wagon y'know :p

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Some evo specific informtion here.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=401047

My MOT is due in March but Im sure Ill get the run down by the local testers who know me and my car...personally Im not worried one bit - if its factiory fitted and an OEM piece of kit there's nothing to worry about.
In March, you will have nothing to worry about....

How about no!
I personally couldn't give a f**K :grinning: but how many £18.50's will you pay before you fit them or remove you HID's? :laughing:

Now, the point which EVERYONE is missing, this isn't a new MOT rules, its in Construction and Build regulations, and has been since HID's were being fitted to cars, only diifference now is MOT (UK mainland and here) are enforcing it

ANY UK spec car will have left the factory with headlamp washer system if Zenon lamps are fitted

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
ANY UK spec car will have left the factory with headlamp washer system if Zenon lamps are fitted

http://www.monaghanbros.co.uk/newmodels/lancer_evo_9.pdf

Functional
Central door locking with keyless entry   
Door mirrors, electrically adjustable and folding   
Front strut tower bar   

Headlamps, HID, with fog lamps 

Tyre puncture repair kit   
Wipers, variable intermittent with washer, front   
Wiper, intermittent with washer, rear   
Window demister, rear   

BTW Sorry lad when you buy your new Evo you won't be fit to MOT her :p

btw its XENON not Zenon :/

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182

Incorrect. There are loads of cars which had Xenons/HIDs Fitted from factory without the Washers. Some 406s spring to mind.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.