New Mot Rule - Standard Xenons?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Premiers didnt come with Xenon's as standard (as i can think of a couple that didnt have them). Possibly just an optional extra? Again on the JDM Ep3 it was an extra depending on which 'pack' you went for...

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yea I Worded That Badly lmao I Meant From The Factory. It Was An Expensive Option Came With The Headlight Washers, But No Self-Leveling Suspension I Believe..

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yea I Worded That Badly lmao I Meant From The Factory. It Was An Expensive Option Came With The Headlight Washers, But No Self-Leveling Suspension I Believe..
Again it falls under what JCLC mentioned about it not needing self levellers because the car comes a standard with 'sports suspension' :grinning:

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Can I ask a question, I understand that the dipped beam is what is more than likely being talked and conversed about here, as it is the dipped beam needs a clear beam pattern.
Am i right in saying the full beam does not have a 'pattern' as such. Would this mean having an HID full beam bulb is allowed? Or does the two separate bulbs both have to be hallogen type?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Erm.... my own personal view, main beam just has to work.

I don't see the point of HID on the main beam as it takes time to reach full brightness

Main beam does have a pattern, but because it shouldn't be on when on when other cars are on the road, its not tested other thanfor function

I'll ask questions about HID on main beam though

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Quick look at the manual and it doesn't state dip or main, so if they are fitted at all, it falls under testable criteria

Still begs the question why would anybody fit them to main beam........

johnm

RMS Regular
So basically, im going to have to fork out for headlight washers (washers, motor, electircs & fitting as im retarded when it comes to electrics) for some completely pointless piece of kit that does absolutely **** all, AND how effective it is isnt even measured?

Im sorry but can some-one give me the name of the t**t who decided this is a good idea?
I can understand the need for aftermarket ***** hawks fitting them wrong and blinding everyone, but factory extra's fitted there should surely be ok.

Im gona gaffa tape two bottles of water and a straw pointing towards the headlights with string wrapped round the bottles and coming through the windows, will do the job.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Im gona gaffa tape two bottles of water and a straw pointing towards the headlights with string wrapped round the bottles and coming through the windows, will do the job.
As said earlier, as long as washer system is fitted, even if it doesnt work, it will pass.. maybe strap a couple of midgets to the front to squirt water at the headlights when i ask them too..

I dont not have an issue with height challenged people btw

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Why save that pic on your phone, that is not the DVA testers manual, the only up to date manual for DVA is online

How many threads are we really going to have about this??
We're going to need at least 4 more to get it into the slower members' heads... Too many hair products has done serious damage to some of them...

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I'm on about the queers with their hair straighteners, fake tan and pink shirts...

You obviously haven't seen the Members Pics thread...

Some lovely boys in there... Lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What about having a squirty bottle in the car with you. When the MOT tester asks you to demonstrate your light washers you can then bounce out and give each lense a quick squirt and then bounce in again. Tell them it was the budget option at the time of order but you thought the saving was well worth it.

Alternatively just point one of the jets on the bonnet towards the front of the car and say that's your headlight/windscreen washer package. Just they're a bit far away/crap.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Genuinely though. If I was one of the sort to buy aftermarket HID's then I would branch off rear windscreen washer (or front provided you can retain enough pressure to run water up the screen) and run two pipes to just over the headlights. It'll cost £3, take 5 mins to do and will get you your MOT. There's really no big engineering projects involved here!

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Genuinely though. If I was one of the sort to buy aftermarket HID's then I would branch off rear windscreen washer (or front provided you can retain enough pressure to run water up the screen) and run two pipes to just over the headlights. It'll cost £3, take 5 mins to do and will get you your MOT. There's really no big engineering projects involved here!
Might actually try that over the summer time for the bant, couple of rubber hoses, tapped off the front washer bottle, with a wee angled bit, or old washer jets (Get the chrome ones dirt cheap outa halfrauds) and stick em on sumwhere haha

MOT will get some tw*ts doing it im sure haha

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
As said earlier, as long as washer system is fitted, even if it doesnt work, it will pass.. maybe strap a couple of midgets to the front to squirt water at the headlights when i ask them too..

I dont not have an issue with height challenged people btw
I does have to work, just doesn't have to be effective. It must hit the headlight, the fact it doesn't clean the dirt of is neither here nor there

So basically, im going to have to fork out for headlight washers (washers, motor, electircs & fitting as im retarded when it comes to electrics) for some completely pointless piece of kit that does absolutely **** all, AND how effective it is isnt even measured?

Im sorry but can some-one give me the name of the **** who decided this is a good idea?
I can understand the need for aftermarket ***** hawks fitting them wrong and blinding everyone, but factory extra's fitted there should surely be ok.

I believe he would be a very well paid gentleman who lives in the EU somewhere.....

Zenon light doesn't cut through the dirt as well as a standard bulb, hense why someone decided they need headlight washers, as for forking out for someone to fit washers, why not pay a bit less and get someone to fit standard bulbs.....

What about having a squirty bottle in the car with you. When the MOT tester asks you to demonstrate your light washers you can then bounce out and give each lense a quick squirt and then bounce in again. Tell them it was the budget option at the time of order but you thought the saving was well worth it.

Alternatively just point one of the jets on the bonnet towards the front of the car and say that's your headlight/windscreen washer package. Just they're a bit far away/crap.
I expected better from you lol

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi

Then you need auto levelling or 'sports' suspension too do you not?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
At least you know what to look out for when Coog is MOT'ing,

lol... wouldn't have them near my motor mate. Only time I'd considered them was getting yellows for the Jeep which would fit its intended use for snow/fog/rain driving but now that there's the rules regarding suspension, washers, etc I'll just stick to what I've got.

Don't ask me to sound my horn tho. It's just me shouting loudly at people out the window :p

Then you need auto levelling or 'sports' suspension too do you not?

'Sport' badge on the back

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
UPDATE:

Been emailing both Mitsi UK and DVLNI operatives and got speaking to someone a little higher up in DVLNI and he suggests that all UK/Jap Evo 8-9's with Xenons will 110% fail.
He also believes that ALL Evo 8-9's with Xenons had the headlights swapped at time of import/approval and replaced after.
Anyone any thoughts on this handling?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.