My Accord Cl9 New Rims By Nu Luk (pic Heavy)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Do them a diff colour and they might suit the car, at present though it looks tacky nigel :worried:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Nice rims actually, I think they would suit a dark bronze better.

Where are you getting them painted? Can you tell me how much it possible? I would like to get mine done, I just dont have the time to clean them properly because they are polished.

Twain

RMS Regular
I had photoshop open, just thought id give you an idea of colour changes.

Attachments

• GUNMETAL.jpg
    GUNMETAL.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 485
  • BRONZE.jpg
    BRONZE.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 209

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Nice rims actually, I think they would suit a dark bronze better.

Where are you getting them painted? Can you tell me how much it possible? I would like to get mine done, I just dont have the time to clean them properly because they are polished.

michael atv polished alloys is powder coating them for me steve

I had photoshop open, just thought id give you an idea of colour changes.

thanks for that twain :grinning:

deevtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic 1.8 VTi (m
have a look at my blitz rims when ur down :grinning:) oh but keep them a secret lol

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
IMG_0572.jpg

can anyone photoshop this colour ? im thinking outside the box

Twain

RMS Regular
Not a fan of the blue , the bronze 'mugen' look is much nicer!

Attachments

• BLUE.jpg
    BLUE.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 144

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
darker blue more metallic lol please

Twain

RMS Regular
That accord minus all those window deflectors and bonnet bra is very very nice. Wheels look spot on!

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
That accord minus all those window deflectors and bonnet bra is very very nice. Wheels look spot on!

those are genuine jdm mugen wind deflectors i,d love a set but just for the sides are 200quid:worried:

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i got a set of buddy club p1,s from england off a honda website to get me by till my rages arrive and get re done , so i left them up to michael at polished alloys to get stuck in , i already had the paint and wanted them for the rms meet on sunday but unfortunately 3 of the 4 wheels wernt true due to silly low profiles by previous owners :-( and many a speed bump.. many thanks to michael for starting them but unfortunately he couldnt fix the dents , my boss is a good friend of jason up at nu luk and advised i take them there to be straightened and sorted in time for show ... i left them in with an urgent request yesterday at 7am and collected them at 1pm today , i was speechless to say the least .. my wheels where perfect in every way , thanks to jason and the boys for getting me sorted in such a short period of time this was above and beyond the call of duty .. i asked for pics because when people mention nu luk you get that oooo thats gona cost ooo theyre dear etc etc but i just thought id show why these guys are the best about with a story thread

michael had already stripped the paint and rubbed down a bit (thanks michael)

notice the untrue edge top left of wheel
P1000498.jpg

P1000499.jpg

P1000496.jpg

P1000500.jpg

wheels checked for alignment
P1000501.jpg

wheels acid dipped

P1000503.jpg

acid 50/50

P1000504.jpg

fully acid dipped for 4 hours (this was only my wheels as all the paint was already off most wheels take 12 hours to fully remove all impurities)

P1000506.jpg

then alu welding for any low spots

P1000510.jpg

then turned in a lathe for truness

P1000509.jpg

then blasted

P1000508.jpg

then primered with powder coating

P1000512.jpg

all four primered ready for paint

P1000514.jpg

painting process ... now i supplied my own paint but they can make you just about any colour you want

P1000515.jpg

painted wheel

P1000518.jpg

then the finished result laquered and as good as new if not betteri was given a choice of matt soft sheen or high gloss finish

P1000520.jpg

im over the moon to say the least not as exspensive as i thought tho every wheel size and finish is different .. but what isint different is the amount of time and expertise that goes into each wheel ... im not bum licking more just an insight and a thank you for helping me out in such short notice

i will post pics of them on the car tomo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.