2012 Kirkistown Ford Fiesta Zetec Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I'd be sure lads will run cut springs, as unless the car is off the ground you'd be hard to tell if it's been done!!!

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
now, come on guys, a lot of negativity here, its like me saying Graham that the events your going to be doing in the mx arnt gonna be strict enough scruitineering and that you may as well be cutting your springs etc etc.

All that attended the last meeting will know that one type of spring is only allowed and if someone did cut them, then i think you would notice one being lower....

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
The next meeting will be held on Wed 1st Feb 8pm, at the Beechill Inn, Belfast.
All interested parties please attend. Spread the word..

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Rogi, it's not negativity mate, just I have attended a few big smashes and safety is a big thing! Also rules are there to be bent and scrutiny don't always see everything, some of the. Cars I've got through tech shouldn't have!

The champ should really have a full set of clear cut msa rules and regs laid out by now as only a month or so to get the series going,

I hope ebverything does go ahead, as the more racing the better and will be a reminder of the metro and uno days, gutless cars getting the bag drivenb out of them but like even those days the cheque book will win :worried: rules will be bent and who is going to cough up the dosh for an engine strip to proove it's illegal?

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
Sorry for not replying to ur text earlier G been flat out all day, i see your point totally but you know yourself every sport has cheaters, as long as the organisers can keep some sort of rules in place! I'd say with such an under powered wee race car, you could notice a car with more bhp :confounded: we'll not know till march! lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Yeah indeed, as an official I like seeing things done right and fair, like the ni sevens etc

But what I can see and hear on these just makes me worry about safety more than cheating, if someone is much quicker it has to go to msa court so to speak and the protester will have to pay big money for a engine strip or such likes so not too easy to get rid of these actions sadly.

Saying that though the scrut's picked up on the wrong ecu on a car this season so must look close enough compared to rally cars?

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
The scrutineers will look closely at things that they are told to look at, if they have a very defined set of regulations to go by like the NI Sevens and someone from that side of things liasing with those running the championship then it can all work very well. Problems arise if the scrutineers aren't told of certain things that are in the regs that they should be looking out for. As G says though, proper regs must be in place and a bucket seat that is in date is a necessity in an MSA event, along with fire eater system, in date harnesses etc etc.

In regards to fairness, unfortunately what G's saying about fairness is all too true - no one is going to stump up the money for a full engine strip to try and prove that someone is cheating - the organisers need to make it very clear though that anyone caught cheating or suspected of it can be without question or argument excluded from the series.

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
Roy should have a clear set of rules and regulations for the series by next week. The scrutineers will check the cars thoroughly for safety and compliance. As G said above one car was detected as having the incorrect ECU fitted, the driver was excluded from the meeting (2- races) and lost all points, ruining any hope of a podium finish in the championship. At a later race meeting the top 3 cars in the NISevens were checked extensively, including fuel, ECU, and camshafts. It was the drivers/ mechanics responsibilty to remove items at the request of the MSA Stewarts. Thankfully nothing illegal was found..

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
Sporting and Technical Regulations, Fiesta Zetec Cup

1.1 INTRODUCTION: The following Technical Regulations are set out in accordance with the MSA specified format and it should be clearly understood that if the following texts do not clearly specify that you can do it, you should work on the principle that you cannot.

1.2 GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The class is for competitors participating in Fiesta Zetec cars. Eligible cars are 3 door hatch-back, built between 1996 and 2001, with a 1.25 Zetec engine, 75BHP Mark 4 Uk model. Or as sold in the UK.

1.3 SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: All cars must comply with the Technical Regulations listed in the current MSA Yearbook Section J.5 and K and with the minimum safety requirements listed in Section Q. Extinguishers must comply with MSA regulation K3.1.2a (plumbed in). Seat belts must be to FIA standards in accordance with K.2.1.2 (3” 4 point), K.2.1.3 (5 point) or K.2.1.4 (6 point)

Full roll cage must be fitted to the car complying with MSA regulation K1 with side impact bars and spreader plates welded to the floor

Circuit breakers and Ignition components: Vehicles must be equipped with an externally operated circuit breaker having positive ON OFF positions clearly marked (K8). The internal ignition cut-off and fuel pump isolation systems must be operable when the driver is normally seated irrespective of whether a safety harness is worn or not.
Do not have any ignition components coils chokes black boxes located in the cockpit area in racing cars.

Rear Warning Light: A rear fog light to EU regulation 7, or an FIA homologated LED rear warning light, or an LED stop light to EU regulation 38 is mandatory
FUEL SYSTEM: These must be equipped with an effective method of stopping fuel supply and be operable by the driver when normally seated. This to be located adjacent to internal ignition cut-off switch.

1.4 GENERAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS & EXCEPTIONS: All cars must comply with the requirements of Sections J5K and Q19 of the current MSA Yearbook. All vehicles must be of sound construction and mechanical condition and be well maintained.
‘Standard’ is as defined in Section B of the current MSA Yearbook. The word ‘standard’ used within these technical regulations as a description of components is to be interpreted as: - ‘the specified component from the manufacturers parts list for the model/engine shown on the entry form or registration form. No modifications permitted beyond the repair or adjustment processes specified by the manufacturer. Checking will be by comparison to spare parts supplied by the manufacturer’s official agent or by any other means’.

1.5 CHASSIS: Chassis must be as per manufacturers design. Wheelbase dimensions to remain as standard.

BODYWORK

2.0 BODYWORK: All bodywork to remain standard. No holes to be cut for lightening purposes.
Boot and bonnet catches should be removed and bonnet pins and boot springs added. Front window to remain as standard, side and rear windows to be removed and replaced with 4mm Perspex.

2.1 INTERIOR: Factory dash to remain fitted. Front and rear door cards are to be removed along with head-cloth, carpets and rear seats. The plumbed in fire extinguisher should be mounted in the passenger foot-well. Airbags to be removed. Steering wheel may be changed. Steering lock to be disabled.

2.2 SEATS: Seats should be correctly located and securely anchored to allow no movement in squab or backrest. STANDARD SLIDE SEAT CAN MOVE SO WILL NOT DO. Seat has to include a head restraint

2.3 EXTERIOR: Wheels should remain inside lines of body and not protrude beyond the arches. Sunroof, if fitted to be removed and sheeted in.

2.4 SILHOUETTE: The car must retain the silhouette and appearance of the Fiesta Zetec style car on which it is based.

2.5 No holes in interior or exterior bodywork or bumpers for lightening or aero purposes. No bonnet vents. Headlights must remain complete and working. No air ducts other than standard. Flat-flooring of the car is not allowed.

ENGINE

3.0 ENGINE: no modifications permitted. No oversized pistons, no balancing and lightening of engine parts. No oil coolers.

3.1 COOLING SYSTEM: no modifications permitted. No additional tubing to bring air to air-box, standard air-filter only.

3.2 INDUCTION SYSTEM: no modifications permitted, standard components only.

3.3 ECU: standard ECU to be used, no modifications permitted.
ECU needs to be made accessible for checking serial numbers

3.4 CLUTCH: standard clutch no modifications permitted. No lightening of flywheel.

3.5 GEARBOX: The standard UK gearbox only must have standard ratios for the engine and have only five forward gears. No modifications permitted.

3.6 BRAKES: Standard brake discs, drums and brake callipers as per model. No modifications permitted.

3.7 FUEL: The fuel injection system must be standard no modifications permitted. No power booster valves added or injector changes. Standard sized fuel tank to remain in original location.

3.8 SUSPENSION: Standard shocks as per model, no modifications permitted. Standard suspension bushes.

MODIFICATIONS PERMITTED

4.0 EXHAUST: Must stay standard as per model, but rear silencer can be removed and continued with straight pipe or swept out at side beyond the midpoint of the car. Standard exhaust manifold and catalytic convertor to be retained, sound regulations as per MSA requirements.

4.1 BRAKES: Competition pads/shoes can be fitted.

4.2 SUSPENSION: Lowering springs can be fitted to lower car by 60mm. RIDE HEIGHT TO FOLLOW ASAP

ELECTRICS

5.0 EXTERIOR LIGHTING: Headlights, brake-lights, fog-light must be fitted and operational.

5.1 BATTERY MASTER SWITCH: as per MSA to be fitted.

5.2 A fully working alternator/generator must be fitted and electrically connected so that the standard battery charging function Is providing a charge to the onboard battery.

WHEEL-BASE

6.0 All dimensions must remain as per manufacturer’s standard specifications.

WHEELS AND TYRES

7.0 Wheels: Standard 14inch alloy wheels as per model. No offset rims or spacers allowed.

7.1 Tyres: Toyo Proxes 888 (control tyre) 185/60/14. One set of 4 plus one single tyre per season.

8.0 MINIMUM WEIGHT REQUIREMENT: with driver to follow ASAP

9.0 DRIVERS

Drivers must have a minimum of a race National B licence or MSI equivalent.
All drivers must use safety equipment as described in the current MSA Yearbook. This will include an FIA approved helmet, fire retardant suit, boots, gloves, Balaclava and underwear.

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
Can everyone intending to race on the 31st March please download an entry form from the 500 MRCI web page. Get it filled in and sent in to the 500 club ASAP please. If you don't have a race licence number yet still fill it in and post ASAP with your car number. I have also arranged for this Sat 24th March a pre-scrutiny for Fiestas if anyone wants to go I will be there, time to be confirmed, probably about 11am-12noon. If everyone could send me their email address for future reference and I will confirm time for Sat please do so to - roysmythauto@btinternet.com.

Arnold177

RMS Member
Drives
M3
I'm selling one, not prepared though, stripped out that is all, £350 if interested, plenty of time to get her ready 07528805553

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.