2012 Kirkistown Ford Fiesta Zetec Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Doesnt get much cheaper than that sven.

True, as racing goes, hard to go cheaper. Still a fair amount of money though, and easily the same again with running costs for a season. Plus towing, etc. Then all the racing paraphernalia - MSA suit, helmet, seat, harness, cage, fire stuff, etc.

Not trying to put people off, just that the cost of the base car is only the start.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
True, as racing goes, hard to go cheaper. Still a fair amount of money though, and easily the same again with running costs for a season. Plus towing, etc. Then all the racing paraphernalia - MSA suit, helmet, seat, harness, cage, fire stuff, etc.

Not trying to put people off, just that the cost of the base car is only the start.

Very true hadn't factored in a 3layer suit, boots, snell rated helmet etc etc etc!

Still I'm sure it will be great fun, always thought the punto abarth cup looked like great tight racing!

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
Does anyone know, does it have to be a NON sunroof model...?

Also are the facelift 2001 models aloud...?
Facelifted ones are allowed. If a sunroof is fitted I think it can be removed and panelled in. Check with Roy.

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR

You will also need a MSA race licence as well. This could be around £150 but includes a free test day and your first race entry. B-Lorenzo or PaulYDP should have an idea what is required here.

Cess

RMS Staff
Sounds like there's lots of potential for some great, close racing. Best of luck organisers and prospective competitors!

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
out of interest how many of these actually been made? and have the scruiteneers give them once over and said all ok??? because if they have cut springs like was talked about when they were built wont fly with the scruitneers!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
You thinking of it, Paul?

I'd doubt it to be honest - I already have the kitcar so if I'm going to be doing any racing it will most likely be with the Ni7's. Can definitely see the attraction of this though for very cheap starting costs and close racing!

out of interest how many of these actually been made? and have the scruiteneers give them once over and said all ok??? because if they have cut springs like was talked about when they were built wont fly with the scruitneers!

Doubt you are on a different page to the rest of us, which cars are you talking about as I haven't seen a mention of cut springs - you haven't made it very clear!

the fonze

RMS Regular
Clearly you wouldn't be allowed to race with cut springs or anything unsafe. Good old rms negativity. Should be a great series....cracking handling cars, racings not always about high speeds! What's the story with polyurethane bushes etc? Could someone in the know post up full regs?

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
fiesta's, im takling about......im just curious no negativety its just when one was being built thats what they were atlking about doing...

Cess

RMS Staff
That was the other budget racing series your thinking of. The sideways racing one.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
no it wasnt http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/lowering-a-fiesta-mk-4.119361/ samd is building for this class. i was just curious, not trying to put a downer on it because if its done right it will be a great class! im sure it is but was just asking....

What you were saying makes a lot more sense now - I'd never read that thread before. Serious amount of bull being talked in that thread - adjusting the suspension turret to lower the car - wtf!? That might be a cheap way for SAMD to do it if he has someone that knows what they are doing and will do it for free. Wouldn't like to be paying someone to do that though, would cost a heck of a lot more than a set of lowering springs.

I think someone that knows the actual regs needs to post up here.

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
yea sorry if i was unclear the first post. my concern would be they post up this people go out buy the cars get cages etc then the class isnt even been passed be sruictneers, therefore people waisting money. sorry lads but these questions should be asked.....

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
was talking to someone about running a alltrack car next year but this seems more affordable would two drivers be able to run the one car obviously alternating from event to the next for the season?

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Are these cars not dead as hector

Not to take away from this, but Armo from street racer is running a similar type championship with old honda civics

yea thet are ive drove one round kirkiston before with the tec it gets quite hairy when the brakes heat up and fluids get soft aswell which makes it fun lol

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
This New Race Series has been agreed by the 500 MRCI for 2012, subject to a minimum number of 12 drivers. If you are serious about competing please contact Roy Smyth on the number below to register.

URGENTLY REQUIRED MINIMUM 20 DRIVERS. Proposed new race series for 2012. The Kirkistown Ford Fiesta Zetec Cup. Based on the Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 built between 1995-2001. 3 door Standard Car, Roll cage, lowered suspension, Toyo 888 control tyre, weight limit TBA. Go racing for approx £1500. MSA Race License will be required. For further details contact Roy Smyth 07530 106311.

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
get on it G!!!! you have been dying to get into motorsport for ages and this is a great wya in i reckon. will be evry competitive i would say. I also think Armo's civics will be awesmoe fun. two great new motorsport ventures starting next year!!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
anyone from RMS signed up yet???

Im trying to get Rob and KeithRobinson lined up :grinning: I want a go but it doesnt make sense when i have the westie for roadsports.

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
not sure for this class but likely the same as it is for any of the 500 club races.. £160 for 2x15min races...

Honestly, for a class like this, my humble opinion is that £160 entry fee is too dear. I don't mean to slate, I really don't. Just my opinion. Best of luck chaps.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.