2012 Kirkistown Ford Fiesta Zetec Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon FR
URGENTLY REQUIRED MINIMUM 20 DRIVERS. Proposed new race series for 2012. The Kirkistown Ford Fiesta Zetec Cup. Based on the Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 built between 1995-2001. 3 door Standard Car, Roll cage, lowered suspension, Toyo 888 control tyre, weight limit TBA. Go racing for approx £1500. MSA Race License will be required. For further details contact Roy Smyth 07530 106311.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Are these cars not dead as hector

Not to take away from this, but Armo from street racer is running a similar type championship with old honda civics

jc7891

RMS Regular
ive spoke to roy before about it, as far as i know it has to be a non sunroof model too? i may be wrong tho, its all about trying to keep it cheap, there no rocket but could be pretty competative and a good day out

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Is Armo not just doing track days, in two Civics.....?

This will be ran will the Kirkistown 500 Club....

No he is just testing two at the minute. He is trying to get them set up correctly then start making more all exactly the same so all the cars are the same, putting things down to each driver to see who is fastest

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
FIESTA 001.jpg

Yes, nigelmcg that is the face lifted one. You can pick up the earlier one for around the £450 mark.

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
There will be a meeting held in the next couple of months to meet interested parties. At present we have 12 names/ drivers. We need a minimum of 20 to be guaranteed a grid. If you are interested phone Roy for more details or PM me here and I can pass on your info. There should be a Facebook page up and running soon too. This race series is planned to provide affordable close racing for all ages and levels of driving experience. This is a non contact sport!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
This will be a great series! im almost tempted myself because i wont have time for NI7's! Cutter/Amos.. Team RMS Wreckers.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
anyone looking a car i know of a friend selling one, drop me a pm

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Is this the car we will need? 1242cc Zetec?

http://www.usedcarsni.com/73087355

I note there is also a 1299cc model, presumably it's not Zetec so wouldn't qualify?

Agree with Amos re parts and mods permitted, need to prevent those with the deepest pockets having an advantage. My problem is where to store and work on the car, and how to get it to Kirkistown!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
That's the one Graeme, the 1299cc is an older push rod engine afaik and actually has less power! I had a 1.25 zetec mk4 fiesta as my first car, they're good fun and with a grid of 20 would be mighty!

Are you going to race Paul!?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Engine, gear bag, ECU, must be OEM...! Lower springs, allowed, but must keep OEM shocks.... OEM brake discs, any pad....! Keeps things fair....!

some of the later models came with vented discs and larger drums from the factory

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I think you might be able to keep it road legal, Woodchoper....! I could store it for you maybe...?

Feck road legal, I'd be stripping it bare, plexi glass, take every extra bit of weight out of the fecker! Be great if you could store it mate, must chat to the guy mentioned in the above post to get the finer details. I'd say this would be brilliant banter for bugger all cash.

That's the one Graeme, the 1299cc is an older push rod engine afaik and actually has less power! I had a 1.25 zetec mk4 fiesta as my first car, they're good fun and with a grid of 20 would be mighty!

You thinking of it, Paul?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.