2012 Kirkistown Ford Fiesta Zetec Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Ive spoke to Roy about this, and I'm very keen to do it will two other friends...!

Roy is going to hold a meeting within the next couple of weeks, too get final numbers etc....

If anyone needs any info, phone Roy on the above number... He is a very nice and knowable chap....!

You won't find a better way to get your foot in the door, of motorsport at Kirkistown....!!!!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Honestly, for a class like this, my humble opinion is that £160 entry fee is too dear. I don't mean to slate, I really don't. Just my opinion. Best of luck chaps.

Totally agree, i think its too much for any class, but the end of the day an entry for a race at mondello is 300euro and for rounds in england you are looking at £350ish so its actually pretty cheap!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
If anyone needs any info, phone Roy on the above number... He is a very nice and knowable chap....!

You won't find a better way to get your foot in the door, of motorsport at Kirkistown....!!!!

2nd this, roy is very approachable i spoke with him at nutts corner in May time, cheapest proper MSA Approved racing series around.. Proper rules, proper license & proper safety.

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
Not sure on the fee, but it may be qualifying and one race unlike the NISevens. I will see what I can find out. Not sure what is happening with the Civics or the MX-5's? As far as I know they will not be appearing as a race class in 2012 at Kirkistown. No proposal was put in writing to the 500MRCI for discussion at the AGM. I could be wrong however....

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Not sure on the fee, but it may be qualifying and one race unlike the NISevens. I will see what I can find out. Not sure what is happening with the Civics or the MX-5's? As far as I know they will not be appearing as a race class in 2012 at Kirkistown. No proposal was put in writing to the 500MRCI for discussion at the AGM. I could be wrong however....

Oh really, after hearing about the civics i had presumed they had secured a place, sounds like Roy has everything well covered! well done!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS

Oh really, after hearing about the civics i had presumed they had secured a place, sounds like Roy has everything well covered! well done!

Armo

RMS Regular
No the place is secured, the 500 club have the regs for the Civic cup the only thing to be finalised is that if there are more than 10 cars or not to determine are they sharing the track with the saloons or their own grid for the start of the year......

hilltop racing

RMS Regular
OP
hilltop racing
Drives
Seat Leon FR
No the place is secured, the 500 club have the regs for the Civic cup the only thing to be finalised is that if there are more than 10 cars or not to determine are they sharing the track with the saloons or their own grid for the start of the year......
Good to hear.. Will be good to see a variety of tin tops racing at Kirky again. Was there somebody planning a MX-5 class too??

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS

Armo we have 20+ registered running and regularly 13+ on the grid on a race day, unfortunately we still have to run a split grid with Roadsports A :worried:

Arnold177

RMS Member
Drives
M3
Yaaaaaaas!!! I've been waiting on this for years, raced the fiestas for 3 seasons back in the Billy Finnigan days and loved every minute of it.... Anyone pondering whether to do it let me tell u this is great craic for little penny.... IM IN!! Can whoevers organising PM me some details CHARS!

David_177

RMS Member
Drives
ep3 type r
Is there an age limit ?im 17 next month

Ive a mark 4 fiesta but it's been set up a few years
No mot obv and it's a body kit fitted

Would this be ok?

And is exhaust allowed to be changed and is manifold to be standard

pwrmotorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus
Further to a lot of queries from customers, I can now confirm that The Motor Gym are happy to take on preparation of Fiestas for this series. Specification can be tailored to suit your budget so give us a call on (028) 9145 3310 to discuss!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Is there an age limit ?im 17 next month

Ive a mark 4 fiesta but it's been set up a few years
No mot obv and it's a body kit fitted

Would this be ok?

And is exhaust allowed to be changed and is manifold to be standard

Unlikely you could run the bumpers, they may be seen at light weight..

Yes you can race at 16 & you dont need a drivers license (y)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Saw some regs for this tonight and as a marshal i would be worried about some of the safety aspects of the series.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
If its truthat standard seats will be allowed with harnesses then it's bloody crazy?

Also was told cars could be built for 1500 quid? You'd spend over this on relevent safety gear alone never mind the car and labour...

Just my 2c so far on what I see and hear.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
If its truthat standard seats will be allowed with harnesses then it's bloody crazy?

Also was told cars could be built for 1500 quid? You'd spend over this on relevent safety gear alone never mind the car and labour...

Certainly an MSA approved in date seat should be used and properly mounted. I'd hate to be strapped to a standard seat, next to no feel through your arse!

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
Agreed on the standard seat thing but as for car costs, i could see mine finished for £1400 but i'll not know for definite until i've finished. What hasnt been really explained is the cost of the suit, liciense, helmet, race entry etc but hopefully thats what the meeting at the start of Febuary will clear up for people.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
For good up to date second hand safety equipment there is easily over £2k alone

pwrmotorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus

pwrmotorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus
Certainly an MSA approved in date seat should be used and properly mounted. I'd hate to be strapped to a standard seat, next to no feel through your arse!

Never mind the fact that it would break its back (and then possibly yours!) in the event of a shunt due to the force exerted through the harnesses...

SAMD

RMS Regular
Dont be so positive guys!!!!!!!! Dont forget the cut springs that will unwrap themselves from the shock then shoot up through the floor, removing the head of the driver and then retain enough energy to do the same to the Marshall who comes to help, finally taking out all the other cars by rolling across the track causing them all to swerve into each other.:grinning: lol lol lol

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Dont be so positive guys!!!!!!!! Dont forget the cut springs that will unwrap themselves from the shock then shoot up through the floor, removing the head of the driver and then retain enough energy to do the same to the Marshall who comes to help, finally taking out all the other cars by rolling across the track causing them all to swerve into each other.:grinning: lol lol lol

The discussion is revolving around legitimate MSA regulated motorsport, not destruction derby at Nutts Corner.

That means rules, and rules unfortunately mean spending some £££ to abide by.

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...

tell me you dont still think that you will be able to run cut springs in this seris....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.