2012 Kirkistown Ford Fiesta Zetec Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
wonder would one fit in my Race Hauler... Hmm...

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
soon modify the fez to fit.... with a Sledge :p

Could have a fez out and racing for the price of a new engine the westie needs! (y)

mattyd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 octavia vrs/
i think this is a great idea. would be great fun. my cousin used to race a mk2 fiesta at bishopcourt years ago. same idea but they were all 1.1s wos real good craic

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
i think this is a great idea. would be great fun. my cousin used to race a mk2 fiesta at bishopcourt years ago. same idea but they were all 1.1s wos real good craic

I think thats where Roy Smyth got the idea, i was talking to him one day and he was reminiscing about him fiesta championship days!

mattyd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 octavia vrs/
super sunday series i think u used to call it. they were all mk1 and mk2 fiestas with a cage and seat and thats it really. 1.1 engines and steel wheels :grinning: we used to fit peugot steels because they were wide and stuck out more. wos great craic. raced at bishops court and nutts corner

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Sounds like great craic, I'm just too far committed in the corsa now to be changing cars. Depending on regs there is a guy doing a cage in my car atm from toome bridge direction, very sound guy. I'll ask him if someone pms me does he want his number forwarded.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Sounds like great craic, I'm just too far committed in the corsa now to be changing cars. Depending on regs there is a guy doing a cage in my car atm from toome bridge direction, very sound guy. I'll ask him if someone pms me does he want his number forwarded.

Would the cage now need to be an MSA Approved cage rather than a built one?

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Would the cage now need to be an MSA Approved cage rather than a built one?

His cages come with msa certificates if needed, he has built cages for a few of the top rally boys in the country too, if they are good enough to run in international rallies they should be fine for kirkistown.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
His cages come with msa certificates if needed, he has built cages for a few of the top rally boys in the country too, if they are good enough to run in international rallies they should be fine for kirkistown.

Good stuff.. as long as its done with seamless tubing etc it should do the trick anyway (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, love to see the RMS massive still thinks of £1500:- as throw-away pocket money - crisis, what crisis :p

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Doesnt get much cheaper than that sven.

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Good stuff.. as long as its done with seamless tubing etc it should do the trick anyway (y)

Yip he rhymed of the specs for the tubing, cold drawn seemless steel, with wall thickness and he said he wouldn't do a dash dodger cage as they are not legal for msa approved events.

mattyd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 octavia vrs/
wot sort of cash would entry fee be for this?? also would the races be every 2-3 weeks.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
wot sort of cash would entry fee be for this?? also would the races be every 2-3 weeks.

no sure for this class but likely the same as it is for any of the 500 club races.. £160 for 2x15min races, races are usually last saturday in the month, i reckon a set of tyres would do a season, i get a season from a set of R888's in the westfield.

mattyd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 octavia vrs/
its quite pricey all the same. would be nice if they lowered the price since its a budget series.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
its quite pricey all the same. would be nice if they lowered the price since its a budget series.

You could buy a car, prep it and do a season on £3k its not bad... (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.