Chris' Mk5 GTI Golf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Reading up on that link it seems to say after 2005 all models with MFD, auto lights & auto wipers etc just needs the stalk & coded? Anyone confirm?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398700225.833645.jpg

Would defo get it fitted if that was all needs done?

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
^ Happy days... I'll be honest, I thought it didn't have it due to no MFSW, did not know it could be on the left stalk! Shall have to have a nosy when I head out to the car tonight, I don't think it does but I will laugh if it is there!

If not mine does have the auto lights and display etc so hopefully it is just a matter of coding.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Noticed earlier today mine seems to have the chilled glove box too, wee vent in the back that has an air symbol and when you turn it, a port opens to what I assume is the air supply from the heater. I assume this just comes on with the air con when you have it set low or something?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah mine has that too and a chiller under the arm rest too iirc :laughing:

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Mine has a 6 disc changer under the arm rest lmao

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Really missing the GTI at the min. It has been away since wed night for a bit of arch repair.
When I bought it I noticed the car had some bubbling on a rear arch that had been painted over, was meant to be a rub down and paint job and get the car back tomorrow, it turns out however when they rubbed it down that some of the rust has started eating into the arch badly so now its getting the end lip cut off and welded up then repainted... Hopefully I get her back before monday :worried:
Worth getting it fixed right now so she stays good, just can't believe a modern car needed both front wings replaced at 7 years old and a rear arch cut and welded at 9... It's a bit concerning thinking about VW's standards of quality!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Got it back from paint last night. They seem to have done a good job on it but I haven't had a chance to see it in the dry yet! Nice having it back as it has been missed!
(I had only owned it for a week and it was away for longer!)

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Really missing the GTI at the min. It has been away since wed night for a bit of arch repair.
When I bought it I noticed the car had some bubbling on a rear arch that had been painted over, was meant to be a rub down and paint job and get the car back tomorrow, it turns out however when they rubbed it down that some of the rust has started eating into the arch badly so now its getting the end lip cut off and welded up then repainted... Hopefully I get her back before monday :worried:
Worth getting it fixed right now so she stays good, just can't believe a modern car needed both front wings replaced at 7 years old and a rear arch cut and welded at 9... It's a bit concerning thinking about VW's standards of quality!

Bad luck mate but at least it was spotted before it got real bad. Them mkVs seem to rot from the inside out, get it fully undersealed and it'll help preserve it!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
@jonny.92 Could be a good shout. Where does that and how much roughly are we talking?

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Who did your paint mate was in in carrick?, needing some bits done on mine.

I would go see @big_pete of PMG Autocare, he sent mine in the right direction. I would recommend taking it to pete and seeing how extensive he thinks it is and then he will be able to help you out with where to take it if needs be.

(Think mine went to WJ Blair but pete can confirm, they certainly seem to have done a cracker job on mine at first inspection!)

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I would go see @big_pete of PMG Autocare, he sent mine in the right direction. I would recommend taking it to pete and seeing how extensive he thinks it is and then he will be able to help you out with where to take it if needs be.

(Think mine went to WJ Blair but pete can confirm, they certainly seem to have done a cracker job on mine at first inspection!)

Cheers mate, need to hide some funds from the wife then. ;)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Can't like everything and don't have to like everything to work on them. I don't like Renault scenics much either yet I put cam kit , discs and pads and engine mounts in one the other day.

When it comes to money who cares ...

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Think I am going to dismantle the fuel pump this weekend and see if there is any sign of wear or passing seals etc! Would have done it last weekend but was away in Scotland, sitting in on a comp safari rally!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
you check the boost pipe seals yet?
No buddy, I havent had the bonnet up at all yet since it came back, hopefully Friday afternoon after work I am going to get a nosy round it!
Been reading up about the k03 and apparently they do suffer from a big spike when they are pushed, so you will get a spike of 20+psi but then it will level off around 18 apparently depending how its mapped, so its not just as bad as I thought but it is def cutting back to around 10psi which is noticeably dead after a big spike of 23psi...
First plan of attack on friday is to get the code reader back and check the car for faults and see if I can interrogate the data bit for fuel pressure too.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Big thanks to @pablo for helping me check for faults etc yesterday. Think I am gonna buy some internals and rebuild the pump, looking a lot like the pump is the issue as suspected!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
So the golf is currently off with @big_pete getting a full paint enhancement, can't wait to see it when it comes back. Paint is lovely already but will be even nicer when it isn't swirly any more haha.

Also Coilovers are ordered but it will be next weekend at the very earliest before I will get them anywhere near the car! Not looking to go stupid low (can't due to work carpark having speed bumps anyway) Just really want to set it down and get a really tidy stance on the go. The 18" monza 2's already sit very close to the outer arch so I look forward to seeing how tight it gets when I drop it ;-)

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Ok just an update to keep this alive, it has been a while!

The golf has been away for a couple of weeks now getting work done and hopefully I am getting it back around thursday time.

-The car was logged and the fuel pump was indeed found to be faulty, ecu was calling for 100-120bar and the pump was supplying 30...
-New fuel pump was installed yesterday but now it seems that it is still only able to achieve around 90bar so it is also getting a new regulator and filter fitted I believe just to try and make it perfect!
-Car is also getting a couple of new exhaust brackets thrown at it as it only had one, which snapped off, causing the exhaust to chew into the bumper :worried:
-Coilovers have arrived and been greased to within an inch of their life ready for install next week!

Cannot wait to get it back, gonna be like a new car all over again haha

Chris.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.