Chris' Mk5 GTI Golf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J-VW

RMS Regular
Bummer about the sump plug man must have been like that from the last service recently. New plug and washer was used iirc

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Aye it's no big deal dude, was just relieved it was nothing worse tbh lol

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Test drive done! the adapter def lets the blow off noise out. its nice, not too loud or obvious under normal driving and sounds great when you are going for it!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Looks class Chris, great example by the looks of it, HTD. And good lad getting a blow off, must have for a turbo car imo!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Full tank of petrol gone in 2.5 days and I don't care, its been great!
Yes Ben, I thought the turbo noise should be let out more! Can't wait to build the savings up again and get some more stuff bought, it def needs a high flow fuel pump next, really struggles to maintain boost with the stock pump. The map on it is really aggressive! Love it though!

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Very nice motor mate, Health to enjoy.

Have a notion of one of these myself, looked at a few things and imo its hard to beat a mk5 gti. Prob be the end of the summer before i start looking though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lovely stuff.

Any plans? Headlight washers to pair with the xenons and a mfsw would be nice OEM mods if you were that way inclined.

An RNS510 would be the best purchase too.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Plans currently are rear tints, high flow fuel pump then coilovers+spacers as needed... It will take a few months to get the money together for all that I'm sure.
Once she's running and sitting right I will start to look into items such as the radio and mfsw upgrades!
@Lyons are all these cars able to take a mfsw? Just a matter of bolting on? Something need set on vagcom?
Also was it you had a post years back about retrofitting cruise control to these? Not a big necessity for me but I'm interested lol

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
I'd love cc on mine too. It's the only thing I miss from my last car. Think it's circa £200 to get set up on the golf iirc? Cost me £40 to retrofit to the astra ffs

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
If anyone hears of a high flow fuel pump for sale off another car give me a shout... I probably wont be looking to buy one for a few months but if there was a 2nd hand one going cheap out a car I would be tempted!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Aye you may have, I live round the corner from there! Im always around carrick! was that you in the soarer making a bit of noise on the way past?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Aye you may have, I live round the corner from there! Im always around carrick! was that you in the soarer making a bit of noise on the way past?

Yes, the v8 and the exhaust that's fitted makes it a wee bit noisy. Good noisy though.

You GTI looked clean wheels are a nice shade against the red.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
She's reasonably clean... bit dusty from 2 days driving and those wheels attract dirt instantly after washing, it is heartbreaking haha. Yeah I love a bit of V8 noise! If you see me sitting about don't be a stranger, RMS sticker on right side of rear window and a CRZ reg, its me! I'm always up for a chat with fellow RMS'ers haha

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Plans currently are rear tints, high flow fuel pump then coilovers+spacers as needed... It will take a few months to get the money together for all that I'm sure.
Once she's running and sitting right I will start to look into items such as the radio and mfsw upgrades!
@Lyons are all these cars able to take a mfsw? Just a matter of bolting on? Something need set on vagcom?
Also was it you had a post years back about retrofitting cruise control to these? Not a big necessity for me but I'm interested lol

MFSW will probably need a steering control module and slip ring.

I got Agnews to fit cruise to mine just as I believe a wire is needed to the ECU.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
MFSW will probably need a steering control module and slip ring.

I got Agnews to fit cruise to mine just as I believe a wire is needed to the ECU.

Can you remember how much they charged? I assume you already had the MFSW with the cruise control buttons or where are said buttons located normally?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I never got round to doing the MFSW on mine. The cruise was £200 odd though.

Try Steven too, but from memory I think the wire thing is a bit of a pain.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
If anyone hears of a high flow fuel pump for sale off another car give me a shout... I probably wont be looking to buy one for a few months but if there was a 2nd hand one going cheap out a car I would be tempted!

If your not already, get on to http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php Loads of good stuff pops up regularly.

Been on there loads lately scouting edition 30 info.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Did the cruise control stalk on the Skoda last weekend, took about half an hour. Mine had the wire to the controller though, but really, if you have to run the wire it isn't that big of a deal.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.