What car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
M3 is a great car and ive always wanted to own one but i checked there, its 2k to insure one so i reckon im going to hold off until im older

J-VW

RMS Regular
I had no idea these phaetons were at this money now, some bus

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...okia-car-phone-61k-black-mot-may-13/111201867

152422014.jpg

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
That Phaetons sitting on the deck with some Big 22" chromes would be rather epic!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That Phaetons sitting on the deck with some Big 22" chromes would be rather epic!

Yes Xzibit, that's what is needs to look good.. ^o)

Deck something like that and you shouldn't be allowed to own a car. Decking a car like that would ruin everything it was designed to be; a luxurious, comfortable, executive, prestige limousine...

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Yes Xzibit, that's what is needs to look good.. ^o)

Deck something like that and you shouldn't be allowed to own a car. Decking a car like that would ruin everything it was designed to be; a luxurious, comfortable, executive, prestige limousine...

Didnt say it needs it to look good but it would certainly appeal to Aaron! would be far from an old mans car! Almost forgot she'll need to poooowhhh too!! :p

I wouldnt have a problem driving that Phaeton my self

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Aaron i'd dread to imagine what you would do to yourself in an M3!!! How about a vxr? Great cars for the money.

Alan_M

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia SRI VX-
At 23 i'd be looking at cllio 197's VXR astra's etc... Not a saab. You'll look back in 10 yrs wishing you had of bought a hot hatch

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Didnt say it needs it to look good but it would certainly appeal to Aaron! would be far from an old mans car! Almost forgot she'll need to poooowhhh too!! :p

I wouldnt have a problem driving that Phaeton my self
Its a nice car and i can see the appeal if say i was in my 50s. If i was in the market for a car of that size i wouldnt be going to a VW dealership, i'd be straight down to BMW or Audi as their counterparts are much better.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Aaron i'd dread to imagine what you would do to yourself in an M3!!! How about a vxr? Great cars for the money.
far gone are the days when we used to mess around in the Astras mate, im a much more level headed driver now. I do like the VXR but when i think of it and take everything into account, between tax and fuel bills i'd probably be a bit fed up after a while, i think a peformance petrol is something i would probably go for a year or two down the line

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
At 23 i'd be looking at cllio 197's VXR astra's etc... Not a saab. You'll look back in 10 yrs wishing you had of bought a hot hatch
One thing about me though is that i never keep cars long, around a year for each of my cars, if not a little over. Like i said before, something like the Saab would be a stop gap until my insurance goes down next year and my licence goes clean again, reason why i warmed so much to it is because its a good looking well spec'd, quick car for decent money. This time next year i will send it on and i will be on the hunt once again, a lot more doors will be open for me :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That phaeton is fantastic, I fear it's too goo to be true at that price and mileage though.

As much as I love them, i don't think it's the right choice in this case.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
is there ever a situation when a phateon is a good choice? it has nothing on it's competitors lol

Trust me when I say the older you are, the harder it gets to justify fuel etc as lifes other commitments begin to take over :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.