Rms 10th Birthday Show, Junction 1, Sunday 21st August 2011

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
LOL I was too busy huffing and blowing about the guy taking his time at the compressor at the BP station!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Im sure an email was sent around but i have a habit of just reading them to get rid of the notificaton on my phone rather than actually reading them...

If i have the car ready i will come along and support the ni7's stand :grinning:

Jo-Jo

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Fiesta zete
Got my plates a few days ago (y)

Just need to find some 3M double sided tape to stick them on the car :grinning:

Good job Jim.
If you can get a few pics up before. Good luck in the hunt for 3M tape.

See you next week .

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
12.08.11 UPDATE

Arthritis Care NI to benefit from RMS 10th Birthday Car Show

6034613967_c36586e153_z.jpg

A stunning display of more than 300 road and competition cars is expected at the RMS 10th birthday car show, which will be held at Junction One shopping outlet on Sunday 21 August, and is in aid of Arthritis Care NI.

Organised by car enthusiast, Graham Curry, he hopes to raise thousands of pounds for this very worthwhile charity during the course of the day.

“Arthritis Care is a charity close to my heart and I’ve always wanted to do something to help them,” said Curry. “I’ve been a member of the RMS website since it was formed and the 10th birthday celebrations seemed like a perfect opportunity to raise money for charity. Every penny raised will go towards Arthritis Care NI, which cares for thousands in Northern Ireland.”

The show will be open from 1.30pm until 5pm and there will be free entry for spectators. It follows the Ulster Rally, which takes place over the Friday and Saturday before the event, and provides a perfect finale to what will be a high-octane weekend of motorsport action in County Antrim!

“Junction One is delighted to be able to host the very popular RMS car show on Sunday 21 August,” said Junction One Centre Manager, Leona Barr. “It will follow hot on the heels of the Ulster Rally that will base their service area onsite during the previous two days at Junction One. Arthritis Care is the chosen charity of the Month for Junction One and they will benefit from any money raised from the show.”

Arthritis affects more than 289,000 people locally, including 30,000 young people under the age of 45 and more than 600 children.

“Arthritis Care NI is delighted to be benefiting from the spectacular RMS 10th Birthday Car Show,” said Marcus Cooper, Fundraising Manager for Arthritis Care N.I. “The charity is committed to giving people living with the pain of arthritis the opportunities to be more in control and to have the knowledge that allows them to make informed decisions about what is best for them. The support of all at RMS as part of their 10th Birthday Car Show is very much appreciated.”

RMS is a popular local car enthusiast website which can be found online at www.reallymeansounds.com. Created by local motorsport competitor, Andy Cooper, it has grown from strength to strength since its launch in 2001, and now has a following of more than 16,000 members.

“We thought of no better way to celebrate the 10th anniversary of RMS than to involve motoring enthusiasts from around the Province in what promises to be an awesome show,” said Cooper. “Junction One will host hundreds of different cars on display, from classic to performance and motorsport, with something for everyone. Most importantly, all collections on the day will go towards Arthritis Care.”

The RMS 10th Birthday Car Show is not to be missed! The show opens at 1.30pm on Sunday 21 August at Junction One, and all spectators are welcome. Directions to the venue can be found online at www.junctionone.co.uk.

Thanks folks and not long now

GC and all at RMS

Keep checking back for more updates ;)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Really really excited about this now mate. Great stuff!!!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Any details on runs up to Junction 1?

I'm interested in the Belfast (or Lisburn) road trip, but not sure if there's one sorted (or maybe its a bit too early atm)

Was just thinking about this myself. Any chat?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
There is mentioned that dargan would be the best bet, get it sorted iain.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Yep Dargan would be the handiest solution I'd imagine. Or else somewhere at Mallusk where you can gather a large group of cars.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
proper order... might have missed it but what times everyone to be in position for? good to see a sensible 1.30 pm kick off rather than 10am with 2 hours of nothing!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.