Alpine White E39 BMW on Parallels - Gone!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CW E46

RMS Regular
I fancied a change from the e46, so sold it to a fella from dublin and the hunt for a new car began. i was looking for something good on fuel, practical, classy and abit different from the norm- saw this and thought it had so much potential to be exactly what i wanted, it was is in top notch condition inside and out so the deal was done- 2 days after selling the 3 series. this is how she looked 6 weeks ago when i got it.

5series.jpg

Since then i've done the following to it-

new disks and pads
oil and filters change
adjustable coilovers
fresh m-sport front end with stainless brake duct inlets (USDM M5 option)
fresh m-sport rear end with pdc
m-sport lip spoiler
clear side repeaters
ice white led number plate bulbs
new black and white bmw badges front and back to tie in with the black/white theme (instead of blue/black)
bump strips and door strips colour coded
hid/angel eye headlights (ice blue rings with 6k projectors which match perfectly)
celis m-sport tail lights
smoked fog lights
bonnet re-spray
roof re-spray
boot lid respray
de-chromed windows and kidneys
staggered 18" m-parallel alloy wheels (not going on till april/may)
and a few other wee things here and there like new handbrake and gearstick gaitors and new seat lever surrounds, just to have it properly 100% mint...

the paintwork was absolutely covered in what looked like industrial fall out (soot from industrial chimneys) took me about 3 nights in the garage to get it all off and bring the white paint up nice and bright. i started by claying it all off which was an absolute nightmare, then waxed and polished to bring it to a nice white shine. its looking like a new car now with all the new paintwork done.

this is how she looks (without the parallels on as they're being kept boxed untill the salting of the roads stops!) coilovers not wound down yet either as the wheels arent on, but wasnt doing anything today and the weathers nice so thought i'd get some pics up as she sits for now n see what y'all think--

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1232-1.jpg

i'll be sure to get some pics up nearer to the end of spring with the parallels fitted and coilovers wound down around 50-60mm!!

cheers!

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
Looks alot better than when you got it. Looked a bit sorry for itself in the first pic.

@ sturgy- staggered 18" m-parallel alloy wheels (not going on till april/may)

Jonny

RMS Regular
aye that's the only thing i'd change as hilbert says spray them black.

looks really well and the parallels will be gorgeous on it

nice work :grinning:

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
i think the brake duct inlets are a love it or hate it modification, i personally love it, its more of a USDM mod, havent seen many e39's with them on in the UK.

they'll be staying tho! ;)

sturgy

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra type r
Looks alot better than when you got it. Looked a bit sorry for itself in the first pic.

@ sturgy- staggered 18" m-parallel alloy wheels (not going on till april/may)

:oops: lol cheers and when they go on itll look great lol :p

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
looking well love the air ducts i have that kit to install on my own too. i actually delivered one of your bumpers when i worked for parcel force :grinning:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Very nice, looking forward to seeing the pics with the wheels but your just right not to put them on yet.

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
looking well love the air ducts i have that kit to install on my own too. i actually delivered one of your bumpers when i worked for parcel force :grinning:

haha thats pretty cool! thanks for not damaging it! ;)

jc7891

RMS Regular
Think I seen this at the weekend in ards, looks well bar the wheels but as u said it's a work in process

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
thinking about spraying the rub strips matt black. opinions?

also undecided about tints....

??????????????

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
decided to have the parallels sprayed carbon silver, i'll be putting them on in the next week or so! think it will add some contrast to the white.

cant wait to get them on, that'll be the car well on the way to completion! 3 months later ffs!

nanana.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Wheels should look great! There was a nice silver 530d Sport up at Knocknagoney Tesco earlier with them!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.