McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Got a tyre fitted to check fitment
215-45-17
Not got the 5 stud front legs fitted so 1 wheel nut fitted an eased down for a super quick pic or 4 🤣
PXL_20220917_223628065.jpg
PXL_20220917_223619733.jpg
PXL_20220917_223608539.jpg
PXL_20220917_223600042.jpg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I'd say go for air, a decent air setup would be absolutely no worse than a similar coilover setup and likely better than shocks and lowering springs handling wise.

If you can get BC racing coilovers for it, there's a fairly good availability of kits to replace the springs with air bags. Management will be key though. People who say air doesn't handle well either have no experience of it at all or have experienced a system with awful management (usually no experience though).

Appreciate that this does add to the cost somewhat, but looks so right when it's at that height!

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
I'd say go for air, a decent air setup would be absolutely no worse than a similar coilover setup and likely better than shocks and lowering springs handling wise.

If you can get BC racing coilovers for it, there's a fairly good availability of kits to replace the springs with air bags. Management will be key though. People who say air doesn't handle well either have no experience of it at all or have experienced a system with awful management (usually no experience though).

Appreciate that this does add to the cost somewhat, but looks so right when it's at that height!
Car is for keeps, same as my Evo, cost doesnt come into it, I'd it takes me a year or 2 to build them I'm in no panic. But patients is killing me 😂

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Might be no dearer getting the likes of Rayvern Hydraulics To make you 2 air front shocks as it would be to get GAZ to make 2 front coilovers . Management will be the expensive thing.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
So getting my finger out as the Evo's away for paint an I'm depressed in the house I'm gonna crack on with this
Out this afternoon, front suspension, rear suspension and axle removed
Then stonechip went on
Tomorrow being fathers day I darnt even say shed or cavalier as I'll get shot
So Monday I'll be out again sorting suspension to go back in for the final time 🤞
PXL_20230617_142625988.jpg
PXL_20230617_155116576.jpg
PXL_20230617_143415210.jpg
PXL_20230617_160005698.jpg

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Typical, a fathers day where fathers can't fo what they want to do. I was on a coin toss between Donegal and c&c meet. Nope! Open farm day it is then ffs
She asked me wat I wanted to do for father's Day, I said go to the shed, her look said it all, an I said I can't go then? She said I'll sort your father's day out. I was like aye sort your father's day, let me do mine. Needless to say I was told I was going for dinner 😡

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Was out this afternoon after a road race this morning
Tank straps painted
Tank painted and fitted
IMG_7136.jpeg

Front struts, disc guards, anti roll bar and rear axle painted
Will get the front subframe painted tomorrow along with the anti roll bar and hopefully for that along with my drive shafts.

Fitted new wheel bearings an shock to the front struts. Have corsa B rear shocks to go in once I fit the axle to leave it nice an low/stiff
Will have way more pictures tomorrow if the painted parts an hopefully fitted also depending how easy things go

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Went out for a few hours after work to tinker as I was for falling asleep

Got the subframe quickly sanded and painted. Anti roll bar painted and new drop links fitted
IMG_7301.jpeg

Then fitted to the car along with the rear engine mount, shafts and new track control arms
IMG_7302.jpeg
IMG_7306.jpeg
IMG_7307.jpeg
IMG_7308.jpeg

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get the front struts fitted, discs, pads along with the new calipers
Rear axle, anti roll bar, discs, new calipers /pads and handbrake cables

Then hopefully it’ll move under its own steam 🤞

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Another few hours in the shed, but a lot more progress

Yesterday I got the rear axle built up an fitted along with lowering springs, new shortened shocks ( absolute mission fitting those 😤🤬 )
IMG_7322.jpeg

Track rod ends. Last thing needed done before I built the suspension up
IMG_7321.jpeg

I then painted the arms wheel silver as they were scabby

Then front suspension fitted with arms, shafts fitted also
IMG_7323.jpeg
IMG_7324.jpeg

Backing plates then fitted, almost forgot about those
IMG_7330.jpeg

Discs, pads an new calipers
IMG_7325.jpeg
IMG_7326.jpeg

Then finally test fitted the wheels
IMG_7327.jpeg
IMG_7328.jpeg
IMG_7329.jpeg

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Pushed the car outside so I could finish the red td so it can go to its new owner

Think it sits just at the right height. Gonna look strange tho once the splitter goes on, the BTCC cars have no skirts so it’s gonna look low at the front then really silly high for the rest 🤔
IMG_7384.jpeg