whats a metro plate?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
It's a style of numberplate font that the PSNI are allergic to. The very sight of a metro digit brings Rybo out in a nasty rash.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
you cant put them up - its like that film the ring - but if you see one you get a fine and 3 points instead of being killed

Cess

RMS Staff
Use the search. Scrob posted a metro number plate in a previous thread.

LOL!! @ Mark_C

rybo

RMS Regular
Its a stupid wee illegal plate that people think they'll maybe not get a ticket for, cos the big lad down the street says its ok like.

The sort of one Cess wouldn't be brave enough to post up a pic of his own.

Cess

RMS Staff
You should use the search too Rybo. Plenty of pics of my cars. (y)

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Its a stupid wee illegal plate that people think they'll maybe not get a ticket for, cos the big lad down the street says its ok like.

The sort of one Cess wouldn't be brave enough to post up a pic of his own.

Feel free to have a look at mine on the other thread!! :p

R27 Stu

RMS Regular
Drives
04 T Sport Yaris
im nearly 70% sure it is a legal plate, after all halfords do sell the style do they not?

and there are some styles and sizes of metro that are stupidly illegal but if you get the size that is the same as normal style then i think you would be safe.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
100_0084.jpg

rybo

RMS Regular
If it isn't 79mm high etc, its Three Tenners please.

There's no such thing as nearly legal.

go on send us a link cess...

Daisy

RMS Regular
Very good indeed Aaron...I never had an hassle with my plates and they have been on for well over 1.5 years, until the other night....

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
people ask me all the time for metro, but as far as im aware 'metro' is just a nickname, because you can have that font in any size any spacing.

most issac agnews cars come with 'metro' plates i've noticed.

and they definatly arnt legal, it must meet british standards and display british standards logo as far as i'm aware.

SMB

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
If it isn't 79mm high etc, its Three Tenners please.

There's no such thing as nearly legal.

go on send us a link cess...

Rybo - What's the story with having lines through the 7's? (Continental 7's I think is the proper term)

Luckily i've never had any bother from the police, but I still stick on a standard rubbish plate for MOT time.

Just curious.... Cheers

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Rybo, would you mind posting details or a link to the exact rules? Just interested to know.

Some cars, like an Elise, just cannot take an "ordinary" size plate at the front. And every single TVR I have ever seen has a smaller than normal front plate.

Other than that, what kind of sad person cares what a number plate looks like? :p

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
people ask me all the time for metro, but as far as im aware 'metro' is just a nickname.

Its not a nickname its an exact font . Loads of plate makers do a small similar style and just call it metro. It can be done any size Providing its not for road use;) . The most popular sizes are 50mm and 60mm however i have done them for customers as small as 30mm:confounded: Heres an example of a 50mm metro .

Attachments

• METRO 50mm.jpg
    METRO 50mm.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,659

brendy

RMS Regular
A number plate is still a number plate, its a distinguishing feature for the car, why bother putting iffy fonts onto it, its still a plate.
While Im at it, why do people bother with personalised plates, nothing says "Im just a big lump of a cock with no sense" better than someone attempting to make a 2 look like an R etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.