Toyota GT86 Aero Edition

Chris_86

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86 Aero
Hi Everyone,

I figured since recently joining RMS and also having owned my car for 2 years I should get a thread going!

I purchased the car in November 2019 from an Arnold Clarke dealership in York. Spent around 4/5 months looking for the right spec (I'm picky and wanted Full black interior, heated leather seats along with black wheels, and the Aero body kit).

Car was completely stock bar the side skirts wrapped with an anti-scratch vinyl to protect the paint. But I had no plans to keep it that way.

A brief overview of what's been done maintenance/modification wise to the car:

Maintenance:
- Full paint correction and ceramic coating, wheels also prepped and ceramic coated by JW Detailing
- Fully cleaned underneath and undersealed (Daily Driver Life)

Mods:
- HKS Racing Suction Induction Kit
- VLAND Tail Lights
- VLAND Rear Bumper Light
- Forged Carbon Fibre Shift Knob

Upcoming:
- HKS Legamax Premium Exhaust (Soon)
- Eibach 20mm Wheel Spacers (Soon)
- HKS Hipermax IV GT Coilovers (When they arrive!)

Here's some photo spam for those interested!

Collection Day:
20191123_190806.jpg

20191123_135533 (1).jpg

20191123_135541.jpg

After Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating:
IMG-20210621-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20210621-WA0015.jpg

And one of the engine bay for the HKS Enthusiasts:
Screenshot_20211129-014613_Instagram.jpg

Any questions about the car please give me a shout! 😄 and thank you @Samy888 for suggesting I start a thread!

Dave..

RMS Regular
I had a red one with the quilted leather and heated seats. Nice place to sit. Amazing shine on your paint. Mine had very soft paint.
Health to enjoy.

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
I had a red one with the quilted leather and heated seats. Nice place to sit. Amazing shine on your paint. Mine had very soft paint.
Health to enjoy.
Yeah the paint is very soft! The ceramic coating has helped a lot keeping marks/swirks at bay when washing it.
@Chris_86 that is stunning. I wasn't sure about the wing when they first came out, but they are really growing on me, the car reminds me of a modern Celica GT4. It will look fantastic when you get the rest of the parts fitted.
Thank you! I love the wing haha it's a bit outrageous. Looking forwards to getting the next few bits and pieces done 😄

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
unbelievable looking after that ceramic coating… the induction kit really transformed the rasp of the car higher up the Revs too. Get some pics up of that HKS exhaust :cool:

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
I haven't actually a lot of photos of the exhaust (surprisingly!). But here's a few that give a good view of what it's like.

Custom stainless midpipe being made up to suit HKS backbox.

2.5" exhaust and out into 5" burnt tips, should make the back of the car look even more aggressive and get some more much-needed noise!
Screenshot_20211129-113337_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211129-114029_Messenger.jpg

VideoCapture_20211129-114152.jpg
VideoCapture_20211129-114222.jpg

Dave..

RMS Regular
When I had mine a few people put blowers on them for some extra mph. Love the exhaust as they are very quiet on the standard system.

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
When I had mine a few people put blowers on them for some extra mph. Love the exhaust as they are very quiet on the standard system.
Hoping the HKS Legamax will give it some character, excited to hear it!

Cabin sound is unreal after fitting the induction kit, @Samy888 said it almost sounds like VTEC!
Awesome and massively underrated cars, This makes me miss mine.

Very clean and well cared for car up close (y):cool:
Christmas is around the corner! Maybe Santa might bring one? 😉

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
Bit of progress with modifications today so figured it was worth an update!

Finally, after placing my order in July I was able to get my HKS Legamax Premium exhaust fitted. I can now say it no longer sounds like a hoover when I floor it!

Car was left off at Rick's garage this morning to have a custom stainless steel mid-pipe made up to suit the flange of the HKS Legamax. It's really transformed the look of the rear of the car and brought the sound out massively. I would be telling lies if I said I didn't grin when he fired it up for a cold start.

20211202_220245.jpg

20211202_220343.jpg

Over the moon with how it's turned out - thank you to @Samy888 and @Gemma for the recommendation of Rick's garage and helping me get this sorted.

Bonus pic:
Forged Carbon Fibre Gear Knob (Snap @Zach417 !)
20211109_150158.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
lovely looking car!! still not a car you see many of on the roads. lovely!

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
Those tail lights are unreal compared to the standard ones! Burnt Ti look tips are the sheit too! 👌

Always liked the gt86/brz platform myself. Really nice mods so far
Thank you! I had originally ordered just stainless tips but I am so glad now I went for burnt! I feel it's really helped the looks of the car

Very nice.

Love the reg (y).
It took a while to find that one! I was originally looking for one in the format like "JCZ 86" but WE11 JAP came up and I couldn't resist 😊

lovely looking car!! still not a car you see many of on the roads. lovely!
Thank you! In just over 2 years of ownership I've only ever seen 1 other with the Aero bodykit in NI.

What he said!

Love those taillights. Suit the car far better.

You’ve done a great job with tasty mods. I love these cars
The taillights were my first mod, I don't mind the stock tailights on different colours of 86/brz but they don't suit black imo. Went for a full set of rear VLAND lights including bumper light.

Well Jap now!
She sure is! More Well Jap parts to come too!

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
Looks great, back lights look very nice. The standard ones were always something that looked off on these

Would you consider fitting an unequal length manifold to get that Subaru warble 😲

I have actually been looking into these but havem't made my mind up yet 👀 Although HKS do make a very nice one that could tempt me!

Would be awesome to get that boxer rumble

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
Bit of a small update but felt it was worth mentioning!

Somehow I seem to tell myself "That's enough mods for now". I then proceed to ignore my own advice and get more mods 😂

Nothing performance related but I've fitted an HKS Billet Oil Cap and an APR Carbon Fibre Slam panel, dresses the bay up quite nicely.

Next mod is an investment of time into cleaning my dirty engine bay up!
received_4903335056365096.jpeg

IMG_20211206_152512_006.jpg

As always, thanks for reading 😎

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Car looks well, I've not seen one with the aero kit before, stands out a bit. :cool:

Not trying to be a D**k but surely hat intake filter is hurting performance? Its taking hot air from right behind the radiator?

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Absolutely class. You know I love it mate. First one I'd seen with the leather. Epic Batmobile! Good to see you posting on here👍🏻

Chris_86

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_86
Drives
GT86 Aero
Car looks well, I've not seen one with the aero kit before, stands out a bit. :cool:

Not trying to be a D**k but surely hat intake filter is hurting performance? Its taking hot air from right behind the radiator?
Can't see it in the photos but there's a big heat shield to stop the hot air getting to the intake and the stock air snorkel for the airbox is retained.

So it gets protection from the radiator and plenty of cool air 😁 I think heat soak would only be an issue if you left it sitting still for a long time
Absolutely class. You know I love it mate. First one I'd seen with the leather. Epic Batmobile! Good to see you posting on here👍🏻
Cheers Daniel! It was long overdue getting a thread up for it! 😁