Taxing Over The Phone?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Hel

RMS Regular
Its a great service, can even just pay back tax if youve gone over without any problems.

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
My car is sorn'd so I cannot go to the PO and today was the earliest I could tax it. I gave up after calling them 127 times today (according to my call log).

I have asked the folks nicely if they could go to County Hall tomorrow and tax it for me.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
My car is sorn'd so I cannot go to the PO and today was the earliest I could tax it. I gave up after calling them 127 times today (according to my call log).

I have asked the folks nicely if they could go to County Hall tomorrow and tax it for me.
Barry probably too late now but on the off chance your folks couldnt make it to County Hall, there's a couple of Post Offices you can apply for tax with a V10 form coming off from a SORN :grinning: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/in...ffices-where-you-can-licence-your-vehicle.htm Dunno if any are any closer to you than County Hall though lol.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
i do it 2 weeks before its up now, middle of the month and get straight through every time(y)

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
Barry probably too late now but on the off chance your folks couldnt make it to County Hall, there's a couple of Post Offices you can apply for tax with a V10 form coming off from a SORN :grinning: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/in...ffices-where-you-can-licence-your-vehicle.htm Dunno if any are any closer to you than County Hall though lol.

The nearest PO on that list was Coleraine, and they were heading to County Hall in Coleraine to tax it but cheers anyway (y) . They were in and out in 20 minutes thankfully.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Can you do this if the car is SORN'd? Need to tax a car tomorrow but it's been SORN'd since November. Would be far handier to be able to do it over the phone.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Gaz VW, you can unsorn a car over the phone, I did so last week, they were able to check the mot and insurance on their computer, took a payment by debit card over the phone and I got the disc in the post three days later.

steviestdi

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora&Impreza sti
Can I tax a car for the first time since I've owned it over the phone or does it need to be done in person at the office?
Also do they open Saturdays?

steviestdi

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora&Impreza sti
Looks like it'll have to wait for a while. Mot is up on Monday.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Saturday, you can go to the post office and do that - if the V5 is in your name.

Only some post offices though. It's super handy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.