porsche 964

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
Most likely the rocker box leaking, ours is going away shortly to get all new seals, drips onto the exhaust/ heat exchanger and fills the cabin with fumes lol dodgy.

pedenjohn

RMS Regular
OP
pedenjohn
Most likely the rocker box leaking, ours is going away shortly to get all new seals, drips onto the exhaust/ heat exchanger and fills the cabin with fumes lol dodgy.

Mine is the same, although I think there is more to it than that. Oil tubes etc. There is talk of stripping it and putting it back together, I have the full gasket kit bought for it. Thankfully the crank case doesn't seem to be leaking. Quite honestly, they all leak, so old an perished now, and a poor design in that respect. There is two types of Porsche owner, the one who's car leaks... and the other who lie about it...

Jason

RMS Regular
Mine is the same, although I think there is more to it than that. Oil tubes etc. There is talk of stripping it and putting it back together, I have the full gasket kit bought for it. Thankfully the crank case doesn't seem to be leaking. Quite honestly, they all leak, so old an perished now, and a poor design in that respect. There is two types of Porsche owner, the one who's car leaks... and the other who lie about it...
Very expensive cars to keep, thankfully thats the only leak at this one (honestly) lol

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Love it!

The original gaskets leaked real bad on the 964. But the modern gasket kits once fitted usually solve the problem :grinning:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Stance dog has changed considerably :p

charlie2.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.