Pirates black dc2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

skylinescotty

RMS Regular
Drives
honda integra
Thought I would make a new thread of my car to put it all together and show what has been done during the year that I have owned it.

I bought it completely standard with 108k on it. When I bought it I had my plates swapped over and had a jap plate made for the front with a tilter on it. I then fitted my head unit and led side lights.

Photo0117.jpg

Then came the carbon bonnet.

IMG_0910.jpg

I then got a supersprint 4-2-1 manifold, which I heat wrapped, and a decat. Also got a vtec solenoid cover.

IMG_0834.jpg

The car was very smokey in vtec and burnt a lot of oil so next I decided to give the engine some work. Piston rings, valve stem oil seals and head gasket were done, aswell as ARP conrod bolts, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, all the other belts, filters, brake pads etc.

The photo of sam and my engine in background :cool:

243.jpg

All engine work was done by William at WH Autocare, could not recommend him enough, did a top job!

I had a go at making my exhaust looking a bit better. Used wire brush, nitromorse, then 1200 grit, 2000 grit, and 4000 grit and polished with autosol.

Before shot.

IMG_0911.jpg

After.

IMG_0960.jpg

Then came the change I was waiting to do since I got the car. In general the paintwork wasn’t great, surface rust on arches, stone chipped front end, paint flaking in various places, not up to my standard. So off it went to my cousin terry at KRCR. After thinking about what should be done I decided to have a full respray instead of just a couple panels painted, and since It turned into a full respray I started to think of different colours, and that’s when terry came up with the idea of pirates black. I thought it would be perfect since it is such a nice colour, its still a factory Honda colour and also integras didn’t come in pirates black so it will be a one off integra. Also decided to put the standard bonnet back on for the respray.

So since it was going to be off the road for a while I had to find some sort of runaround. I ended up with this, suppose it will do the job.. :p

IMG_1360.jpg

The deal was for me to do the stripping, prep work, wet sanding, polishing etc and terry would do the painting, although he did help me quite a lot during the whole process to be fair lol! Now for the pictures :grinning:

The shell ready for primer

1Primer.jpg

Shell primed

1Primer2.jpg

Doors and bonnet primed

1Primer3.jpg

Shell ready for paint

2paint.jpg

Shell painted

2paint5.jpg

And then lacquered

2paint3.jpg

2paint6.jpg

2paint7.jpg

Eyooo

2paint10.jpg

2paint9.jpg

Doors and bonnet painted

2paint2.jpg

Bumpers ready for paint

2paint11.jpg

bootlid, spoiler, skirts, wing mirrors painted

2paint12.jpg

First sight of the paint in sun, rolled out straight after painting, hasn’t been flatted or polished yet. The finnish was unreal! I suppose terry isn’t too bad with the spray gun :p

3pre-polish.jpg

3pre-polish2.jpg

I then flattened the whole car and polished back up with g6. Here is the car flattened and the wing polished

4polishing.jpg

After compounding

4polishing2.jpg

4polishing3.jpg

I then went over the whole car with g10. After this I got some menzerna polishes since they were non silicone and the car was then given another 3 stages of polishing. Rolled out into the sun the check the colour again

4polishing6.jpg

4polishing8.jpg

4polishing7.jpg

Then it was time to start building the car up again. Terrys ghetto brackets to hold the back windows in place once they were stuck in lol

5building.jpg

5building5.jpg

5building7.jpg

Honda badges and stickers were ordered through Honda. Thought this was quite good, on the left were the ones on the car originally, in the middle are ebay specials, and to the right are new genuine Honda ones

5building9.jpg

After polishing

5building10.jpg

5building11.jpg

I then thought it would be good to have a few touches round the car. Terry came up with the ‘purple’ redline idea and I thought it would look cool, and a nice touch so had the vinyl made up and put on the speedo

5building8.jpg

Theres a few other vinyls still to be put on but they are still being made.

While the car was there I also had a few things done that I wanted for a while. I took the wiper at the back off and got a honda blanking button for the whole, the scuttle panel and front wipers were painted the freshen them up, behind both bumpers were given a quick lick of paint, and the car also got 6k HID’s fitted, new main beams, led number plate lights at the back, and clear indicators for the front.

And that was basically it, after about 5 weeks it was ready to be rolled out.

Cleaning up

6finish3.jpg

Thumbs up (y) finally done lol

6finish4.jpg

6finish.jpg

6finish2.jpg

6finish6.jpg

6finish7.jpg

6finish8.jpg

6finish9.jpg

6finish10.jpg

6finish11.jpg

I then took the car home and gave it a good clean, including arches, wheels taken off and cleaned, interior and up to my clean standard again. I then meet my cousin that night and we took a few photos

7cleaned.jpg

7cleaned3.jpg

7cleaned4.jpg

7cleaned5.jpg

7cleaned2.jpg

7cleaned8.jpg

7cleaned7.jpg

7cleaned6.jpg

Over the moon with the results, could not be happier.. and can’t thank my cousin enough for doing this for me. If anyone needs paintwork done I could not recommend him enough, really top job and anyone will say that that’s seen the car close up!

I was planning on letting the car go but its not going anywere now after the amount of work that went into it. Im now going to keep it and have a lot more plans for it including:

- Get photos taken of it by gee ;)
- Coilovers (probably meisterR)
- New set of wheels, still thinking so give me some ideas
- Undersealed

Thanks for reading, comments and criticism welcome (y)

AndyG

RMS Regular
beautiful..

Still think its madness doing it to a uk integra but looks unbelievable..

Fair play though for having balls!!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Absolutely stunning job there!!! Paintwork looks a brilliant job and that colour is amazing!!

sam_9n

RMS Regular
not bad.... still looks black :p

oj mate looks lovely, pity you dont tec it anymore lol

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
that is a stunning colour, maybe do the wheels a different darker colour to finish off?

skylinescotty

RMS Regular
OP
skylinescotty
Drives
honda integra
that is a stunning colour, maybe do the wheels a different darker colour to finish off?

yea well im going to be getting new wheels after christmas, just need to figure out what to get, dont want to rush and get the wrong set so just going to wait till something jumps out at me

Bronk

RMS Regular
excellent job !!! fair play to ya.. now build a nicely spec'd engine :laughing:

Rfg

RMS Regular
absolutly amazing love it love it love it!!!!paint ais brilliant!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Best painter in this country, have never ever seen or heard a bad job done by them. Car looks incredible, well done

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
as jason says why they never made them in that colour from factory is beyond me ... terry never fails to impress me awesome job and a fab looking fresh teg

Jola

RMS Regular
That is beautiful (y) As said many times above serious amount of work. Fair play. Thats some house in the background too!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Tis an awesome colour Scotty and Terry did a phenomenal job on the paint as usual!

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Beautiful, great project, and stunning colour, so simple, but effective, really like that (y)

J Man

RMS Regular
Drives
EK9
class mate! looks really well. Love that colour. You should go lower

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.