My RB26 260Z Project

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Con - They are awesome thing to drive, I've seen that red one before, it looks awesome, red is a good colour for them if you are going to have a black wing and flares.

Spectacular project, I followed your EF thread on itr-dc2 and if it turns out half as well it'll be a fabulous car (y)
Cheers, should turn out better, higher budget on this one.

your a **** a massive **** so much hate right now haha love it, what an awesome car. Have you got a link to the EF, would really interest me
I don't have a project thread on here, although I have on 4GUK and ITR-DC2, theonly photos I have on here are from 2010 when it still had the the B16B:

http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/ef-civic-detail.97989/

If I find time I might put a thread up here, but not with the whole progress from the start as I've had it since I was 19 and that woule be far too much. I'll just put the main parts up.

Excellent project. Love those old cars.

One thing though. You do/did not need to change your fuel gauge.

Fozmula can make you a sender to whatever spec you want, and they are cheaper and better quality than the VDO one you were supplied. They are a direct replacement for the VDO sender you have.

They may not specifically list the one you need on their website, but contact them about it. £35 + postage will get you what you need.
Thanks, didn't know that, I'd need to find the voltage/signal that the stock guage runs on and see if they have a sender that can work with it. Although I might just use the VDO one anyway as I'll need the guage pods for more important things soon like boost, water temp and oil pressure guages for the RB.

:grinning: Thanks to everyone for the postive comments, its really nice to see an oldschool car being properly appreciated. :laughing: (y) :cool:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Started to fix/repair/strengthen the front end today.

3mm plate should add a fair amount of strength to the chassis:

P1010479.jpg

P1010481.jpg

Once both sides are done and the few small holes from rust damage have been replaced with new metal the camber plates should be getting welded in along with the strut brace brackets and finish off welding up some unused holes. Should be on a fair bit by tomorrow night, hoping to have it ready for paint on Thursday and after that It will be off to get my stainless steel brake lines fitted and the adjustable prop valve installed.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Unreal. Never been so interested in a build thread as I am with this one, the workmanship that's gone into it is simply outstanding, as is the car itself too. The EF sounds like a fantastic car too. Wish I had half the talent to undertake something like this!.(y)

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
There is no other word to describe you man...... LEGEND!!!

Awesome build and it's so refreshing to see money being spent in the right places and improving on what was there to begin with. I only hope that you keep the outside pretty OE as they are just stunning standard.

Subscribed(y)

davey21

RMS Regular
There is no other word to describe you man...... LEGEND!!!

Awesome build and it's so refreshing to see money being spent in the right places and improving on what was there to begin with. I only hope that you keep the outside pretty OE as they are just stunning standard.

Subscribed(y)

can only agree with this... very nice project this,

C4L

RMS Regular
this thread is just fantastic, its nice to see a properly restored and improved car...

clearly money is no object :p

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Was hoping to see the car finished after reading it all lol will just have to be patient and wait for the updates!! Keep them coming!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Thanks, didn't know that, I'd need to find the voltage/signal that the stock guage runs on and see if they have a sender that can work with it. Although I might just use the VDO one anyway as I'll need the guage pods for more important things soon like boost, water temp and oil pressure guages for the RB.

Old cars, and indeed most new simply offer a resistance to the gauge. That will be a single wire from the gauge to chassis ground ( ie battery negative )

VDO does the same except they are inflexible with the resistance scales they offer.

Fozmula can make you any height of dip tube sender you want, with any resistance scaling. Or they offer far more complex units with different outputs. But you'd just need the basic setup
Just take your old Datusn sender and measure the full/empty resistances of the sender unit.

Another option although same price really, and perhaps not as neat.

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/fuel-gauge-wizard.html

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Fantastic thread. my uncle had 2 of these in for restoration. sadly he passed away last year and they got given away. ragin!

Cess

RMS Staff
Great project. Really enjoyed reading the progress to date. Fantastic car

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

johnm

RMS Regular
I was literally saying to @DaddyC that they're isn't enough proper build threads on here and he corrected me and told me about this one.

Brilliant work man. Some amount of work being done to upgrade everything and those brakes look awesome!!

Can't wait to see more updates!

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Unbelievable thread! Keep the updates coming!

Most cost an absolute fortune and what a machine!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I saw/heard this in Portrush over the twelfth weekend, nearly creamed myself and jumped out a pub window for a better look!

Really epic this!

PoddyM

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Jesus this is awesome!
*Hits watch this thread button... runs to find clean pair of shorts.:oops:

Last edited: