My RB26 260Z Project

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I fitted my battery today, could have been neater if I'd used ring terminals at the battery, but I wanted the negative terminal kill switch and at the postive side I wanted to be able to have a cover over the exposed live parts;

P1010395.jpg

P1010387.jpg

P1010390.jpg

P1010391.jpg

I need to try and find a smaller positive terminal cover.

P1010404.jpg

Fitted my fan:

P1010397.jpg

Fitted new bearings to my hubs and pressed in the ARP studs, the painted them and mounted my brake discs:

P1010425.jpg

P1010426.jpg

Andymh

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3 Civic
Awesome car mate. Cant wait to see more photos of it coming along. The red civic looks well too.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Love it the Watanabe wheels are such a perfect choice with the flares

My boss has an unreal one loved driving it but an RB is something out of Forza.......nice

Crap quality but Phil takes er for a rip

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Was looking forwarding to seeing this all day, awesome awesome awesome (y)

Definitely a dream project for me. Much jealousy here. When I get stuck into a project Z in a few years this will be my thread for reference when I'm stuck!!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Brilliant. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Between you and Alan G, I am sure this will be fantastic when complete.
Thanks, We'll make sure it turns out as good as possible.

i would just get a set of wolfrace wheels and a wee ducktail boot spoiler on that and leave all that other stuff in the boxes. its far too nice to be butchered.
I won't be butchering it, its going to keep the original style about it, just with some dynamic updates. If it was 100% mint then I might leave it nearly stock but its not quite 100% mint and therefore I don't feel too bad turning it into a beast.

Class project! Some money bein spent, fair play to ya!
Thanks, too much money being spent, It will be worth it in the end though.

The project has come a long way in half an hour! :p
lol, I work fast

Thats beautiful! Please keep this thread updated! What are you going for exterior style wise? OEM FTW! lol
Thanks, I'll keep it updated. Exterior will stay very OEM, new airdam, possibly the rear wing (not decided yet) sit her a bit lower on 16" wheels and later on arch flares so I can fit some wider wheels, but other than it will stay as Nissan intended.

Awesome car mate. Cant wait to see more photos of it coming along. The red civic looks well too.
Cheers, posts will unfortunatly stop shortly as I have to go back to work, more will happen when I'm on holiday again. The Red Civic is my last project, she was running a 244HP B20 but the engine is currently out getting new valve guides, stem seals, piston rings, baffled sump and ATI crank damper. With the additon of slightly more compression and my new Hondata S300 I hope to get 250HP out of her, which will be plenty given she only weighs about 960KG is full street trim.

Was looking forwarding to seeing this all day, awesome awesome awesome (y)

Definitely a dream project for me. Much jealousy here. When I get stuck into a project Z in a few years this will be my thread for reference when I'm stuck!!
Thanks, glad you approve, it was my dream car and dream project so I'm really happy to finally have one. I can't wait to have it finished. Been off the road just over two now and I hate not being able to drive it, I did 600 miles in it in the two weeks before I started the main work and loved every one of them, such a nice car to drive.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. :grinning: (y)

bob

RMS Regular
Spectacular project, I followed your EF thread on itr-dc2 and if it turns out half as well it'll be a fabulous car (y)

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
awesome some amount of work going into this :grinning: keep the updates coming

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What a fantastic project!!

I literally didn't want the updates to end :worried:.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
your a **** a massive **** so much hate right now haha love it, what an awesome car. Have you got a link to the EF, would really interest me

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Excellent project. Love those old cars.

One thing though. You do/did not need to change your fuel gauge.

Fozmula can make you a sender to whatever spec you want, and they are cheaper and better quality than the VDO one you were supplied. They are a direct replacement for the VDO sender you have.

They may not specifically list the one you need on their website, but contact them about it. £35 + postage will get you what you need.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Beautiful BEAUTIFULl Z, keeping it tasteful with all the right modern modifications. Please keep the build going with updates, enjoyed reading all so far..