Drives
Vectra SRi
Manual Handling - Stands, Walking with bike etc
U-Turn
Riding at Walking Pace
Slalom/Figure of 8
Emergency Stop
Hazard Avoidance Swerve

Do they happen in any particular order lads?

**** that when i did my test all you had to do was 1 on road test and the only manouvre a u turn without putting your foot down lol then grab your pass certificate and ride it like ya stole it !!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
**** that when i did my test all you had to do was 1 on road test and the only manouvre a u turn without putting your foot down lol then grab your pass certificate and ride it like ya stole it !!
I was talking to a bloke who done his test before the examiners even had bikes. He said the boy came out and told him to ride a circuit and that he'd watch him in certain places. He went over gravel at a junction, fell off, got back on and because the boy never seen it he still passed his test. lol Bring back the good old days!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
haha yeah ive heard about that from some older guys they just told you to do a lap of a few streets and waited for you to come back round, awesome

and riding a 250 with no licence was allowed as well back then

Curt

RMS Regular
Drives
B5.5
Theory booked. Will be booking some lessons next week. Rode 125's in the past, so hopefully not need too many.

Anyone done the independent drive part of the test yet? handy enough?

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Theory booked. Will be booking some lessons next week. Rode 125's in the past, so hopefully not need too many.

Anyone done the independent drive part of the test yet? handy enough?

Not sure what you mean? I did the 2 part test however if it helps..

Good luck with the theory

mo_yassin

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx S13 + E39
I passed my on-road test today - the independent driving part is nothing to worry about. I didn't even know about it until he said at the beginning of the test.

The guy will show you the map and read out the directions to you, and ask you to repeat back to him to check you understand. My instructions were something like: 'take the next left, then the first exit at the next roundabout, then follow the signs to the town centre'.

therock

RMS Regular
I could be tempted just!
Not getting the use out of it due to **** weather in our wee country, and not even getting to use it for 'pleasure' really. It's no odds if I keep it or not really. Just really hope the weather picks up.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Get it out tonight (y)

Cant say the weathers been too bad..! Id deffo recommend tracking it before you sell it to see how you feel.

Theres boys who look like theyve never ridden before and are bolt upright so dont feel like you wont be up to it! Youd be surprised. My biggest regret was thinking I had to wait to get experience before tracking it.. learn more in 1 day on track than a year on the road.

Would love to take it off your hands but its all $$$$

therock

RMS Regular
Aye, you're right. I could take a run down the coast or something to Ballywalter or something.

All of my journies have been from Bangor > Belfast just. Kinda boring

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Any wonder, even down to newcastle if not down towards kirki direction. Down the portaferry road to kirki, into portavogie and on the road back up to bangor can be fun. Even some jumps, i mean crests - officer. (y)

Gaz_DC5

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A7
Gibonz I recieved those discs today, now to get revising for the theory on Tuesday!

Thanks again.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Did I spy you on the Westlink this morning Rock? We'll have to get out for a spin before you decide to sell up.

J8MCG

RMS Regular
After passing my off road test a month ago, i had to wait until yesterday for my on road test.. Passed with 2 minors.
Still thinking of a Ktm Duke, Triumph street or a Bandit..

therock

RMS Regular
KTM are the dogs balls.

Probably better to start with something a bit easier to ride though, they are a bit batsh*t mental.