Insurance for 17 year old

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
That's what I'm paying on the Astra. Couldn't get any cheaper.

3grand dude?! ****, what age are you? I was on 1800ish at 18 with a 1.4 astra. Now 700-ish on the current 1.6 :grinning: 3grand's a bit steep imo

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
My last renewal for the modded coupe was 1300 @ 20.
21 should see it sink a bit!

Dunno how you got a 3k quote hammath :confounded: you buy brand new?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
I'm not looking forward to insuring a motor again tbh, My first mini cost me £182 fully comp at the age of 18, that was only 5 years ago! Got a quote there recently for £1600 :confounded:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I ran a quote on my ZR there and its down nearly £110 :grinning: lol

Just hope it stays like that come renewal time :confounded:

Sharkey

RMS Regular
dont declare you mods and go under ur mum or dads name and it should drop considerably!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
dont declare you mods and go under ur mum or dads name and it should drop considerably!

Aye, great idea that - Give yourself a pat on the back.

So you've no mod's declaired on your policy? You are aware that in the event of a crash/accident your policys nothing more than a fancy looking piece of paper, as you won't be covered. Pretty pointless paying an insurance premium for absolutely nothing tbh.

KillerJim

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 / TVR
Aye, great idea that - Give yourself a pat on the back.

So you've no mod's declaired on your policy? You are aware that in the event of a crash/accident your policys nothing more than a fancy looking piece of paper, as you won't be covered. Pretty pointless paying an insurance premium for absolutely nothing tbh.

Agreed.. no matter who is at fault, your insurance company will do everything it can to get out of paying (even if the police say its 100% the other person, after all paper work and man hours cost them money)

So lets say you have a multiple car shunt and its your fault, some pretty blond caught your eye....anyway.. you're going to be sued for damage to multiple cars, multiple personal damage claims and then done by the cops for no insurance..

I recon you won`t get much change out of 100k... or 5k for 20 years.. depending on how it goes..

... anyway my first car.. I paid £1500 in insurance for a 7 year old 1.1 Fiesta about 13 years ago.. it is definitely cheaper these days (y)

Being over 30 has some benefits.. like £700 for the TVR :laughing:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
i agree with the above, you may as well not pay insurance if your not going to declare the r32 kit.

shooter1987

RMS Member
Drives
Honda Civic Type
As alot of other people have been saying unfortunatley £3000 is about right i was quoted £3500 for a 1.2 corsa when i was 17 in my own name and in the end i had to go with Frizzell just because i got a discount with being in the civil service but it will still pretty steep from what i can remember

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
I got my first year free with a new 1.4tdci Fiesta in 2005. Was a good job until Mr. Drunk and Have No Insurance Foreigner drove out in front of me and i had to pay £750 excess!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.