Insurance for 17 year old

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Xanderson93X

Drives
1999 Golf
What is the best way to go bout insurance for a 17 year old, i have a 1.4 golf 1999 R32 replica, under my own name (standard) i am getting qoutes of £3000

Plz help lol

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Is that including declaring all the R32 stuff? For a 1.4 you might not get much cheaper than that with your age, try clickci.co.uk I find them really good come renewal time

alison

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Yaris
Hughes is always cheapest for me, and I know lots of folk who have found open and direct good. Axa might also be worth a look. Good luck!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Dont get online quotes, Every time ive got a quote online when i rang the provider direct they were always cheaper.

AC

RMS Regular
Hughes have always been cheapest for me too. I'm with Axa through Hughes and Hughes quoted me cheaper than Axa did themselves. Quotes for first time drivers are getting worse!

Overload

RMS Regular
Drives
Fabia VRS
Im with axa, just renewed a standard 1.8TD as a named driver for 990 with Axa, unless ur in full time employment or getting the money to cover £3K a year why not go under as a named driver?

phil190

RMS Regular
Drives
leon TDI
matey i know how it is im 18 and im gettin quotes like that but thats with all my mods declared!!!! try endsliegh

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
we all get raped with the first year of driving 3k is bout right especially on a golf.
I had 3k insurance on a megane in 2002.
for your renewal it could possibly half it if you have no claims. Bite the bullet as we all have to

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Try Autoline in Ballymena. Were the best for me and did some haggling over the fone to save me the hassle.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Unfortunately £3000 is about right as said by others for a 17year old male in their own name but everyone has to start somewhere.
as metioned it will probably half in a year. for now you could maybe think about putting your mum or dad on as a named driver after yourself. it may not change it, but on the other hand it may bring it down a bit. good luck with it (y)

Chris_Boyd

Drives
C2 VTR
Should get it cheaper than that. Im goin onto a 1.6 VTR C2 and its 1400 under my own name...thats with caulfields.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Should get it cheaper than that. Im goin onto a 1.6 VTR C2 and its 1400 under my own name...thats with caulfields.
they are cheap to insure though i priced one of them and it was £850 for me with one years no claims. Its the fact he's 17 and in his first year of driving. a 1.4 at that age won't be cheap

ryanpatterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 Gtst
Thats a wild price for a 1.4.. I had the jordan insured when i was 17 for a few hundred more than that. Just try ringing round different insurance companies. Im sure you will get a better quote than that.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Thats a wild price for a 1.4.. I had the jordan insured when i was 17 for a few hundred more than that. Just try ringing round different insurance companies. Im sure you will get a better quote than that.
prices have went up a lot since then though Ryan. I'll probably get shot down for this but honestly try Quinns (y)

Brian

RMS Regular
Drives
Baby AMG
prices have went up a lot since then though Ryan. I'll probably get shot down for this but honestly try Quinns (y)

I'd agree 2bh

or AXA NI or go into a broker

Prices have changed allot in the past 2 years

I'm with zurich, it's part of a fleet in fairness, but id try them for a quote aswell...

ryanpatterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 Gtst
Didnt know they had changed that much.. Suppose everything is getting more expensive these days. Are Quinns taking on new policies??

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Insurance prices are wild now mate. If you can, go under someone's name, works out alot cheaper. At 17 i was under someones name on a 1.9 TDI with all mods declared for £550.
£3000 in your own name, at age of 17 sounds about right.

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
I paid 2.5k on a 1.3 non zetec fiesta when I passed my test and i was 19.
I drive a golf now and theyre actually pretty dear to insure compared to similar sized and powered cars so 3k sounds about right at 17

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.