Honda S2000 Powerd Bmw E30

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Oh my!

Make sure it's well insured if you do get it. You could do a lot of harm at the chicane if you got it wrong.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
They look pretty predictable but i cant say that for sure as i have never drive one.

One thing for sure is if i do get one it will be getting the medicine an will be getting what it was built for :grinning:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Atoms are good but twitchy.............that was my opinion of one anyway plus they have no heater, no screen and no roof so are no use in N.Ireland as the number of days we get that are suitable for a car like that................well, they are few!

Much better to buy an R500 Caterham IMO with everything the Atom does not have plus a sequential box if you want one, they are way more fun to drive as they are not as nervous on the limit due to the front engined layout. If you want you can take the screen off in 2 minutes for an extra 5mph top end.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I honestly don't know how I got away without losing the E30 I don't think I spun it once in all my time of ownership, only time I remember was going straight though the gravel trap an got out of it again at mondello an leaving the braking too late a few times at nutts corner an skipping out the corner :grinning:

Don't like catherhams either lads sorry :grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
So after over 3.5 years its time to close this thread. I hope people learn a thing or 2 from building something like this. I know I would never do anything like this again, I would rather buy something that has been properly built instead of mucking about with custom parts etc. Don't get me wrong I had some craic in this car over the years an it got loads of attention where ever it went but its time to move on now.

I have paid for another car and im just waiting on the cheque to clear. Hopefully I have my new car home for the track day this sunday at kirkistown :grinning: I shall open a new thread for it in the members gallery once I get it!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.