Honda S2000 Powerd Bmw E30

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
So i bought this car yesterday as a project it previosly had an s2000 engine an gearbox in it.....
It has lots of modifications which you will see i will try an take as many pictures as possible an keep this thread updated...

Hers how i picked the car up anyhow i know its in a sorry state but it wont be for long :cool: ........
074.jpg

073.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

You can see the fabrication work done so th engine sit back as far as possible...

japstuff

RMS Regular
Drives
s15 spec r
davys old car i no the guy who owned it before him was a class car seemed to go real well all the best with it (y)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Looking well.

Have a set of M Tech 1 tailights here and some other bits from a donor car if you need anything (y)

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
quick spec list.......:cool:

j,s racing crown wheel an pinion
kazz1.5 race diff
evo 7 brembo brakes
electic power steering from corsa
m3 widearch kit
omp roll cage
5 sets of alloy wheels
2 motordrive bucket seats
2 3 inch harnes,s
stilo intercom system
newly polybushed
spare s2000 head
spare s2000 gearbox
spare wheel holder removed
alloy fuel tank
braided fuel hoses
braided brake hoses
new rally steering wheel
coilovers

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yes japstuff i bought it of davey i no him well..
He said he got 5 years racing out of the s2000 engine without bother an it only ****ed up on him when he put the throttle bodys an stuff on it....

Nicky if i need anything il give you a shout(y)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Doesn't look to be much wrong with the donor car, other than the bit on the roof. Could you not sell it for a decent price and then just buy an engine to save you being stuck with a rolling shell and loads of unnecessary parts?

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Donor car is a good motor....Have you seen the price of an s2000 engine an gearbox?? you would be looking at 3 grand for what im taking out of the car...
At least that way i no what ive got an thats a good engine with 87k an a good tight gearbox with no nasty rasps or crunchs....
I put a new genuine honda clutch in it too

japstuff

RMS Regular
Drives
s15 spec r
Yes japstuff i bought it of davey i no him well..
He said he got 5 years racing out of the s2000 engine without bother an it only ****ed up on him when he put the throttle bodys an stuff on it....

yea sound guy no him well myself what u doing with the rest of the s2000

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Its for sale in the classifields on here...Highest offer takes it(y)

scubbay

RMS Regular
Drives
10 second Imprez
Pretty sure that car is RAC logbooked for rallying as well. Adds to it usefullness.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yes forgot about that it is logged for rallying, hillclimbs an stuff....
Never really looked into it but is that much hassle/expensive to do?
Do you know the car scubbay?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
scubbay is my Dad and Daveys brother. Was a good going car when Davey had it, will be good to see it out again

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Ah rite..Well davy has alot of work ahead of him hes building it all back together first of hes painting the inside of it...Im gona keep a push on him lol:cool:
Yes he said there was very little went past him anyhow;)

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Hes a Murray, very little goes past us even if we don't have a faster car lol. Ah I haven't spoken to him in a while, didn't know he would be building it back up, like I said will be great to see it back out again. Hope it goes well for you!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
1st race day at Kirkistown is the 31st of March, and believe me, it won't be long in coming round... (y)

At least the majority of the work regarding the conversion has been done. It'll just be a matter of sorting yourself with a new race suit, lid, boots, glove, seat, harness, fire extinguisher etc.,,

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
i have a racesuit from when i raced before good omp one that was given to me for birthday present....
You gona be out at kirkisten nicky? I was thinking of mayby racing in the open class in bishopscourt too..wouldnt want to smash my fibreglass but(n)Wonder is ther a greater chance of this happening there?
cheers mk2driver(y)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Wont be racing, but I'll be there as a spectator for race days if all goes well.

Bishopscourt would be much much less forgiving, should you make a mistake on a corner due there being very little, if any, run-off. The surface down there leaves a lot to be desired as of late too, with craters on the track busting shocks and breaking arms on some of the drift cars last year. I'd be sceptical about taking something of value down there now.

spunkywarcannon

RMS Regular
Drives
civic coupe b18
cool project.. can never go wrong with honda running gear :grinning:.. but i may be biased lol.

. I'd be sceptical about taking something of value down there now.

im under the same impression dude after that car got stole in plain sight on a events day last summer, even if your just spectating id be going back and checking the car every 15mins:rolleyes:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cool project indeed. Is it a genuine M3 shell?

Seems an absolute disgrace to have to remove the engine from an otherwise perfect S2000 :worried:.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Cool project indeed. Is it a genuine M3 shell?

Seems an absolute disgrace to have to remove the engine from an otherwise perfect S2000 :worried:.

No its not a genuine m3 shell...I know its bad to tske the s2000 engine out of that car but there are so expensive to buy an i want that engine in it...
That shell will do someone else for a good project....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.