Caterham Supersport Hayabusa

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Really must try a Caterham sometime. Always loved the idea of them, and how they look, just never had the chance to get in one.

They're proper raw, noisy and involving, not much else like them!

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Not much Mechanical stuff done this week, kind of held up by the Powder Coaters.

But i did get my Engine loom finished 🎉

That should be enough to Fire the car up and display all info on the CAN dash. I've a separate loom to do for the Paddleshift system back to the ECU.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpeg
    IMG_2452.jpeg
    844.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Not much Mechanical stuff done this week, kind of held up by the Powder Coaters.

That should be enough to Fire the car up and display all info on the CAN dash. I've a separate loom to do for the Paddleshift system back to the ECU.
that looks awesome

Reactions: IL

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155

Very tidy looking loom :cool:

Reactions: IL

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6

Just casually knocked out a loom like that! lol. You can do my H2R engine loom when I make the swap lol

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Just casually knocked out a loom like that! lol. You can do my H2R engine loom when I make the swap lol

And Now the full loom is done & ready to be installed 👌

Paddleshift
Compressor Control
Everything to CAN
& Launch Control

IMG_2457.jpeg

Melted.. back to the Nuts and Bolts after this!

Hope it works 😅

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Still not Running, but Very Close..

BAY.jpg

By the time I had laid the Engine loom into the car, it made sense to more or less do a full Re-Wire, using only the original Fuse / Relay box the car is now wired front to back & Everything so far appears to be working as it should.

Had one Drama with a Faulty Geartronics Gear Potentiometer which was giving the ECU Odd Feedback on the Gear position, ofcourse it was Buried in the Guts of the Engine and not a handy swap. Had to gather Enthusiasm for a few days to tackle that job.

GUTS.jpg

It's got Fluids in now, have fired it over for oil pressure and getting Sensible readings from all Pressure and Temp. Sensors so I expect they are working correctly.

I've to Install a New Battery, Spark Plugs & Set the fuel pressure tonight and then Fire up all being well.

Attachments

• OIL.jpg
    OIL.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 0

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
IMG_2714.jpeg

Tada, no sign of the battery yet, but with a set of Leads over to the Cayenne we are making Noise! 😀😀

Sound Rough as Feck with no exhaust, First wiring Loom Worked Spot on 🎉

Last edited: