Aftermarket Fitment Of Cruise Control...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Different theories to it..

On a flat road itll be fine but its thought that it may be blipping the butterflies more than you would if you werent using it etc
Additionally if you set it to CC at 60 mph you wont be pushing and braking between 55/65

Never really noticed much difference

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Does cruise control not eat more fuel tho cause of all the upping and braking it does? Suppose some drivers are no better mind...

Your game Graham, your game lol...

Most cruise controls dont brake for you at all tho the likes of mercs with the distance sensor thing does

What i find annoying is if you have it set how much people infront of you speed up and slow down meaning having to brake yourself.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Cruise control should be easier on fuel, as throttle movements will be smoother than you doing it manually.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I wouldn't be without cruise for a daily car, makes us all sound super lazy, but it makes a long drive so much more comfortable.

I'd love a car with the radar guided job, that would be the bizz.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
For a vauxhall? Ballyrobert bangor

If it's vag go see auto tune in ballymena

Other makes I can't be sure on :worried:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yup Vauxhall. Bought a stalk the other week, so would like it turned on.

Did Ballyrobert do yours ?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
(Fitted and turned on also yes, very good service, think it was maybe mark (service advisor) I dealt with as he's the only sensible one

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Does cruise control not eat more fuel tho cause of all the upping and braking it does? Suppose some drivers are no better mind...

Your GAY Graham, your GAY lol...

Fixed that for you there.

Cruise Control, christ next you'll be switching to AUTOMATIC, save any gear changes on the journey. Just drive with the one foot.

By feck show swe are all getting old, happy to have cruise control or drive an AUTO,lol. I've been considering getting myself and Auto for London, save all the constant changing gear.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cruise control should be easier on fuel, as throttle movements will be smoother than you doing it manually.

Not true. Cruise will keep a consistant speed on hills etc, where as naturally you'd ease off slightly yourself.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Fixed that for you there.

Cruise Control, christ next you'll be switching to AUTOMATIC, save any gear changes on the journey. Just drive with the one foot.

By feck show swe are all getting old, happy to have cruise control or drive an AUTO,lol. I've been considering getting myself and Auto for London, save all the constant changing gear.

Driving an auto during normal usage is fantastic. If there was a decent auto for my van and it was easy on fuel, I'd have one no problem.
As for cruise control, I'm doing around 1500+ miles a week. Yes, it will be very worth having. I just never bothered my arse sorting it !

Not true. Cruise will keep a consistant speed on hills etc, where as naturally you'd ease off slightly yourself.

Cruise cannot apply the brakes going downhill, so there is a limit to the speed it can maintain there. As for up hill, I see little reason not to maintain the same speed. Sometimes I would manually, sometimes I wouldnt. But it's just as easy to knock cruise off again if you want to adjust speed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.