Aftermarket Fitment Of Cruise Control...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Anyone on her fitted cruise to a mk5 astra per chance?

What I want to know is:

What parts does one need
Is the wiring loom pre installed so its plug and play
How much are vauxhall for the reprogramming of the cim unit
Hiw much would the bits come to

I've read up lightly and think I know roughly what's required but want to get it as gospel from mechanic or diy fitment please

Car is an 06 astra 1.7cdti

Thanks
GC

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
The miles I do I could justify it yes, and especially handy in lower speed limit areas, ie, bangor to belfast that I drive a lot and constantly find myself above the limit.

From what I read before it should be do-able under 150quid which isn't too bad for the pleasure and the fact I keep my cars a long while :grinning:

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
Have a quick look and check if both clutch and brake switches are present. If they are then just pick up the stalk for about £30 and plug it in.

Then its about 3 different setting changes within the ECU which can be done from Tech2 etc.

Should cost less that £80 including stalk purchase if you car has both switches which it should.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Are they electrical switches at the top end of the pedal dude?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Yeah shud be doable for much less than £150...

Used to be plug n play with the older models then they changed it to needin switched on with ecu but that shud be able to be done cheap enuff too, bronks cousin is a vaux mechanic and has the computer bits and bobs

Gambit

RMS Regular
Do you really think NI warrents the hassle? lol

i used to think cruise control was just a gimmick for countries that warranted massive long distance cruising, then i had a lend of a work audi for a weekend, now a total convert to cruise control!

thats cheap as chips/bargain to retrofit into your astra (y)

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Yeah shud be doable for much less than £150...

Used to be plug n play with the older models then they changed it to needin switched on with ecu but that shud be able to be done cheap enuff too, bronks cousin is a vaux mechanic and has the computer bits and bobs

i may need to talk to this cousin ;)

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Buy the stalk off eBay and fit it yourself. Have you checked for the clutch switch? There was a boy in ballyrobert used to do it for us for 30quid. 60quid had the stalk purchased and tech2'd to my burg!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
also i dunno bout the newer stuff but wi older bits the vectra astra and omega stuff was the same and some of the clutch and brake switches were available from the motor factors for under ten quid

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Do most modern vauxhalls have this ( 2006 ) ? Would like it for my van. If it really is that easy and cheap. Where would the wiring connector be ?

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
Do most modern vauxhalls have this ( 2006 ) ? Would like it for my van. If it really is that easy and cheap. Where would the wiring connector be ?

If you have both switches i.e. clutch and brake then it can be programmed in easily with just the stalk. Have a look at the post above showing how to check for both switches.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Nearly all modern cars have both brake and clutch switches, as does my van. Will have a read at it later. Cheers

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
If you don't have the clutch switch the wiring is taped up below or in round the clocks, it need unwrapped and dropped down. I'll get a look at mine tomorrow at some point.

Some may not have the wiring for clutch switch (very rare) but if not it's a more complicated job breaking into main ecu wiring and stuff.

This is all from a guide on vaux forum

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Anyone on her fitted cruise to a mk5 astra per chance?

What I want to know is:

What parts does one need
Is the wiring loom pre installed so its plug and play
How much are vauxhall for the reprogramming of the cim unit
Hiw much would the bits come to

I've read up lightly and think I know roughly what's required but want to get it as gospel from mechanic or diy fitment please

Car is an 06 astra 1.7cdti

Thanks
GC

Think all diesels have both switch & wiring mate, I retro-fitted my own with the stalk from eBay & got Ballyrobert to activate it via tech2 for £20, mine is an '08 1.7 astra cdti & all I needed was the stalk, paper clip to release the old stalk & tech 2.

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39532&highlight=cruise+control+thread

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX

my 01 coupe has it, retro fitted! :grinning:

Love it and use it daily - Its great for those roads where you dont trust yourself not to creep over 30 etc too

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Does cruise control not eat more fuel tho cause of all the upping and braking it does? Suppose some drivers are no better mind...

Your game Graham, your game lol...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.