Sorn Information

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Hi Guys,

Tax is about to expire on the datsun, i think, tomorrow, or thurs. As i have holiday etc to pay for, and feck knows what else, im skint this month. So i have been thinking about SORNING the car for a month or 2, and then paying the tax when i can afford it, and sticking the car in the garage.

So what am i needing to know?

Does it cost to SORN a car?
Can i "un-Sorn" it when i want? and by just taxing the car?
What is the best way to SORN it, as i know in England it can be done over the internet etc?

Thanks for your help!

mo_yassin

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx S13 + E39
Hi Guys,

Tax is about to expire on the datsun, i think, tomorrow, or thurs. As i have holiday etc to pay for, and feck knows what else, im skint this month. So i have been thinking about SORNING the car for a month or 2, and then paying the tax when i can afford it, and sticking the car in the garage.

So what am i needing to know?

Does it cost to SORN a car? No.
Can i "un-Sorn" it when i want? and by just taxing the car? Yes.
What is the best way to SORN it, as i know in England it can be done over the internet etc? Fill in the relevant part of the renewal letter and post it off.

Thanks for your help!

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT

Only problem with posting it big Mo, is that Royal Fail are **** at delivering items when they say they will. Can it be done over the phone, or in the post office?

mo_yassin

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx S13 + E39
Doesn't need to be there in any particular time. As long as the date you wrote on the letter is before/when the tax runs out you'll be fine.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.