Rover 620 Ti

HCviva

RMS Regular
Here's my 1995 pre-facelift Rover 620Ti. Pretty much standard for now but I do have plans for it. Current modifications include a Forge atmospheric dump valve and BC Coilovers all round. Ideally the engine will be rebuilt with forged internals in a few years, bigger turbo and front mount intercooler, steel caged diff bearings in the gearbox and aftermarket management. But for now I'm just enjoying it as it is
Rover.jpg

PAULW

RMS Regular
Love this, my mum had one from new in 1996, same red as that, was a fast car back in the day.

HCviva

RMS Regular
OP
HCviva
Class! Love old Rover stuff! A mate bought one of these as a runabout for £400 years ago and we had some craic smoking people in it 😂

I’d love an 800 vitesse!

I only gave £1000 for this 2 years ago, cleaned the brake lines and took it to MOT, straight through no bother :grinning:

Still goes well for almost 30 year old, can hold its own off the line and surprises a lot of people when they see an auld rover pulling away

Also she's crying out for valve stem oil seals so there's a fair bit of smoke when on full chat :joy: Just adds to the auld rover affect

PAULW

RMS Regular
Drivetribe had one they were restoring on YouTube recently, very few left apparently.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Love it, my mate had an 800 Vitesse a lot of years back. It was proper lively for what it was, definitely surprised a few folk in Civic Type Rs. Nightfire Red with the half leather recaro interior and grandad spec walnut

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love these, proper Q car. Mate had a grey one in 2003 and was a fast car!

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Here's my 1995 pre-facelift Rover 620Ti. Pretty much standard for now but I do have plans for it. Current modifications include a Forge atmospheric dump valve and BC Coilovers all round. Ideally the engine will be rebuilt with forged internals in a few years, bigger turbo and front mount intercooler, steel caged diff bearings in the gearbox and aftermarket management. But for now I'm just enjoying it as it is
View attachment 421305
That pic should be in the People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread.. :joy: :joy:

Thats cool, always had a secret like for these. Good to see more old skool stuff on here, i think we are in the minority now

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I drove one of these daily about 7 years ago or so after I blew my jag up.

Think my father paid 100 odd quid for it, the only thing I can really remember about it was how “old” it smelt inside….like a dilapidated house. Think the previous owner had a greyhound living in it 😂

Cool cars, I have much love for the old rovers!

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Proper Granda spec, love it

My dad had a 800 Vitesse back late 90’s. Loved that car too

HCviva

RMS Regular
OP
HCviva
Thanks for all the comments.

Bought it in may 2022 with a questionable 14,000 miles on the clock..... up to about 19,000 now

Don't think it is genuine mileage but the MOT History over the years doesn't have any rollbacks to prove its clocked so it's hard to tell.

It came with the M99 RTR plate on it although I changed them to Metro's

Electric sunroof, windows, radio etc all works. The only thing on the car that doesn't work is the front fogs. On closer inspection the front fogs were fitted at some point after it left the factory. These were a factory option and became standard on the Ti after 1996. The wiring for them is already in the loom as standard, just had to get the switch for the fronts. Picked one up on eBay a while ago but haven't got round to it yet.

I did have a bit of a misfire issue for a while which I couldn't get to the bottom of, even had it up to the Rover guy at Parkgate to get it plugged in but couldn't get to the bottom of it. Ended up that Iridium plugs fixed it even though I replaced the plugs for factory standard NGK's as soon as the misfire started.

Ideally I'd like a set of 17" wheels off an 800 Vitesse but these are few and far between

Bodywork looks a lot better in photos could really do with rear spoiler and bumpers resprayed. The bumpers are also plastic and the arches are starting to rust a little where the bumper meets the arch, very common on 600's

It has the half leather interior as well but unlike the 800 it doesn't have RECARO stitched into the seats

It's a work in progress though and I intend to keep it for a while and try to work on it bit by bit

HCviva

RMS Regular
OP
HCviva
Love that, awesome.

Really quite in awe at your car taste/choices for a youngster. To have that Viva as a first car at 17 when everyone else is popcorn mapping their Toledos is very commendable.

Thanks, 7 or 8 years ago Toledo's and Boras were the big thing, even a few D-turbos. I could never get excited about them though, always had to be different, saying that, my friends loved the Viva, the novelty of getting a run out in it I guess.

It's mostly Golf's and Leon's now but each to their own!

I landed home with a 79 Trans Am just before I turned 21 but didn't keep it long. It needed a lot more than I could spend on it at the time unfortunately

IMG_20200914_183835.jpg

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Thanks, 7 or 8 years ago Toledo's and Boras were the big thing, even a few D-turbos. I could never get excited about them though, always had to be different, saying that, my friends loved the Viva, the novelty of getting a run out in it I guess.

It's mostly Golf's and Leon's now but each to their own!

I landed home with a 79 Trans Am just before I turned 21 but didn't keep it long. It needed a lot more than I could spend on it at the time unfortunately

View attachment 421359

ledgend 😂

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
That's awesome!!!

How's it handle on the coilovers?

I would love a Tomcat, one of these or a 800 coupe. Rarity of parts scares me a bit these days.