Pedens Porsche On Pistonheads Forum

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
"how to ruin a Porsche" ??

Oh ffs ......... it's a modded car, and there's plenty of Porsches out there which have been truly butchered to death and more deserving of that comment than this one.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I love it for breaking the rules, if it was an RS it would be a sin but i think toss it.

Thats johns business and its doing what it was intended to do, Grab Attention.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I actually like that Porsche and don't see anything wrong with it. At least it doesn't have some poorly fitted 959 bodykit painted with a rattle can or something...

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Hard to gauge if it is a massive backfire or a marketing success! Article is scathing nonetheless.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
"how to ruin a Porsche" ??

Oh ffs ......... it's a modded car, and there's plenty of Porsches out there which have been truly butchered to death and more deserving of that comment than this one.

Agreed, i thot PH was all about the cars ? i think pedens porker is tastfully done, even if some aspects of it arent to my personal taste. i think its a very narrow minded and pretty harsh article.

PistonHeads - Heres an different car, what do you guys think of it?
PistonHeads - Heres an different car, YOU GUYS MUST HATE IT!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That's why I hate Pistonplebs - I bet half those members don't even have a driving license.

I'm not a fan of the suspension set up or audio install on Peden's car, but I completely understand why he did it. If everyone liked the same stuff we would have a lot less to talk about on forums.

Porsches like that attract the beards, and if one thing is out of place they will roast you for it. Fook 'em I say - brilliant publicity for both Dubshed and Peden - he should get involved in that thread ASAP.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Oh ****.. what a bunch of tools..

Annoys the life out of me when stuff like this happens when a crow of tools get together on a froum and decide to slate someones work.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Quite harsh! not into this kind of a thing normally and didnt know what to think at first, but I think it looks great and such a headturner around town.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
We've had similar topics on this forum, with cars getting the odd slating. But they're usually complete sheds :p .................. and we try to keep it fairly constructive.

The topics on PH are basically saying the Porsche is completely ruined (BS, if ever I heard it) and also taking a few sideswipes at the whole Dub scene.

Never knew a forum about performance cars (many of them modified) could be so narrowminded!

pedenjohn

RMS Regular
I just read it there, il let it run a bit...., lol

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, bar the comment that relates to the lack of attention to detail with the rusty spoiler, flip me, it's not bad for a daily driver like... Lol

J0NN7G

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3 CTR
Just seeen this, thats hectic! This is the type of slating that ruins the car scene in general!! Everyone has their own tastes and individuality so why couldnt pistonheads, just promote dubshed and leave it at that! Dicks! I hate people slating other people just because they dont like it! I like jap cars, others like dubs, that whats makes our scene so awesome. People should suport eachother for trying to apply individuality to thier cars, and enjoy the fact that people still have a passion for making their cars unique, reagrdless of the ****ty recessionm!! Pistonheads have royally annoied me, and i really liked them up utill this point!!

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Lol that's wild, but as said great advertising for John and the up coming show! :grinning: any publicity it good publicity... :grinning:

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I just read it there, il let it run a bit...., lol

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, bar the comment that relates to the lack of attention to detail with the rusty spoiler, flip me, it's not bad for a daily driver like... Lol

i wouldnt worry too much. Most of the posts seem to be pretty constructive.

All the modifications seem to have been executed well as far as one can see and the car looks to be much loved, so I can't see the harm in it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.