Orchard Auto Care Iron Cleanse

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ST Kyle

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335i
Tried out Iron cleanse at the weekend, really impressed with it, thought since it's a local product it's only fair to share my experience with it.

Had quite abit of fallout on the car, down the sides, wheel arches and boot/rear bumper, corners of the side sides.

IMG_20120126_204849.jpg

Was difficult to capture the extent of the fallout but some big bits can be seen here on the boot and rear bumper. Was rough when you ran your finger tips over the panel.

IMG_20120122_152240.jpg

IMG_20120122_152235.jpg

Sprayed on the Iron Cleanse and left to dwell for around 15 minutes.

IMG_20120122_153621.jpg

IMG_20120122_153617.jpg

IMG_20120122_153610.jpg

You can see where it reacts with the fallout where it looks like it's bleeding. Easier to see what you could feel underhand before.

The result after being hosed off.

IMG_20120122_160208.jpg

IMG_20120122_160215.jpg

(Black spot is a chip in the paint)

Paint work is smooth as glass with no trace of any fallout out at all.

Would definitely recommend this product to anyone with fall out of iron contamination so much easier than trying to remove it with clay and leaves a far better starting point if you want to clay/polish or wax the car.

Reactions: Rfg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Looks a good job, where is this 'iron fallout' comming from??

ST Kyle

RMS Regular
OP
ST Kyle
Drives
F30 335i
Brakes I assume, handbrake cable was sticking slightly on one side was alot worse around that arch.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Gave this a go last week. Fantastic product, works a treat!

I was amazed by the amount of stuff it removed

jonnyboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CRV
Silly question time guys never used any iron cleansing products on bodywork only on wheels do you still need to clay a car after using it on bodywork?

Rfg

RMS Regular
Yes its better to clay the car as well to remove tree sap etc etc. Iron Cleanse had a built in degreaser to assist with teh removal of these to make life easier as well as starting to remove mild tar staining etc etc. It can be used on any part of the car wheels glass body work etc etc.

we only say not to use it on any areas where smart repairs have been carried out as we cannot guarentee the quality or type of paint used. Also on cars with shiny unpainted calipers as they are iron castings it will dull the finish as it will react with the surface iron. also if yo hav epainted them with acrylic paint it will dull teh finish. This goes for any Iron fall out remover on teh market so no matter what you use..

Many thanks Kyle for the write up glad you liked the products!

As said Speak to Davey in Procar and he will sort you out with anything you need!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Would this work on tar spots Rollo? Or build up of brake dust on wheels?

I like the idea of just spraying on, with no work involved!

ST Kyle

RMS Regular
OP
ST Kyle
Drives
F30 335i
I used Tardis on the car first for the tar spots followed by the Iron Cleanse. There is an Tar Cleanse available as well.

Sprayed some Iron Cleanse on the wheels after using some Billberry and it seemed to shift more stuff that the Billberry didn't.

Rfg

RMS Regular
Yea Lyons there is a degreaser that will move mild taring and start to soften bigger bits of tar but it won't shift them completly. It wil help and for most applications it is a simple spray let it work and rinse off but for really grubby wheels a gentle scrub won't go amiss.

Rfg

RMS Regular
two totally different products to be honest. They work in different ways have have no real associated ingrediants. the Iron Cleanse is primarily an iron fallout remover with added degreasers to assist cleaning process it can also be diluted up to 1:1 with water for mild cleaning so you can use to its need..

Tar Cleanse is a dedicated tar removal product that will ot remove Iron fallout.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Just got this myself, wanted to get all the crap off the paint before it goes to J&W

mmc01

RMS Regular
I've been driving my car for 1000 miles with no back brakes, now the rear wheels are covered in metal. And it won't budge no matter how ,much petrol I put on it,

Would this work better?

Rfg

RMS Regular
Yes its designed to remove metal (iron) fallout. maky take a few goes if its really really bad!

kris arrell

RMS Regular
Drives
Ep3 Type R
got some of this in procar during the week, used it today on my accord and was very impressed! as said above, it leaves a noticebly smoother finish to the paint after using it!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Whilst I think its great that you have taken the time Kyle to review this product, it is a shame that Ronnie has spoilt your thread by an endless tirade of self promotion; one which he has refused the meagre sum to advertise and promote a product on RMS that seems certainly to be of interest to users here and something that would be of great benefit to him.

Even with much offering, help and encouragement from me for him to support RMS as a paying trader, which is no joke the lifeline of the forum in austere times, it is a shame and a real let down to the whole RMS community for acting in this manner.

With much regret I have no other option but to close this thread in the best interests of the forum, and I do so in the hope that those who do try and run a business off the good will of the RMS community do take the right and honest option in supporting our online future.

Andy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.