Number plate issues with PSNI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
The best way would probably be to keep a printed copy of the specifications in the car. Then if the officer isn't quite clued up himself you can show him.

rybo

RMS Regular
and so the computer can check if your tax is up to date - these are the two main reasons for plate requirements.

Is that just your opinion or have you based this on fact?

Here's something for you to consider: ANPR has enabled police officers to achieve NINE times the average arrest rate. I think you'll find that none of these arrests were for out of date tax.

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/ope...nology-equipment/automatic-plate-recognition/

What objections do you have against standardising plates to help police?

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
OP
MR2 super GT
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
I got this from a PSNI officer.
297875192a4562655389b420174028l.jpg

they seem to be exactly the same as what is on the DVLNI website.
I now feel that i should make a complaint about the PSNI officers who pulled me over, as they clearly did not have up to date documentation.

your right eager, if they realised they were onto a looser they would look for something else wrong.

anyway the 2 is on the road now with the numberplate switched :grinning: that will confuse them the next time they see me.

and from now on i will have all these documennts in my car to show them.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
the dvlni overrides the police as the dvlni are the licensing authority, next time just produce that and there shouldnt be a problem

kurgan

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord
Is that just your opinion or have you based this on fact?

Here's something for you to consider: ANPR has enabled police officers to achieve NINE times the average arrest rate. I think you'll find that none of these arrests were for out of date tax.
http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/ope...nology-equipment/automatic-plate-recognition/

What objections do you have against standardising plates to help police?

you do not arrest someone for out of date tax you just send them the fine in the post. my objections are based on the fact that these guidelines will only ever effect generally law abiding people, all the proper crooks know to drive cars with false or cloned plates.

rybo

RMS Regular
you do not arrest someone for out of date tax you just send them the fine in the post.

Exactly my point. What are all the arrests for if you think the main reason for ANPR is out of date tax & speeders?

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
on one hand, 'generally' law abiding people must break the law for an ANPR camera to snap them.

on the other, it is in no way an effective replacement for officers on the ground, they are in most circumstances designed to raise revenue, and they are IMO an infringement on privacy. and certain damaged cameras around the UK may or may not have anything to do with me :laughing: LOL

avo5021

RMS Regular
Yaris WRC, Wouldnt have been you on the M2 between Antrim and the Westlink today would it about 1200hrs....

Followed me through the sandyknowes cluster roadworks... i can confirm there is funk all wrong withthe front plate...

looks pretty cool in fact against the black car...

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Yaris WRC, Wouldnt have been you on the M2 between Antrim and the Westlink today would it about 1200hrs....

Followed me through the sandyknowes cluster roadworks... i can confirm there is funk all wrong withthe front plate...

looks pretty cool in fact against the black car...

you should have pulled him over for the crack, im sure he would have been well pi33ed:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

nav man

out of interest, what is your reg, is it 1's or I's, 0's or O's if you understand what i mean?

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
OP
MR2 super GT
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
pablo do u know i have IIA 111? i cant make up my mind what would look better.

i would not have been to happy if i got pulled :p

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
OP
MR2 super GT
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
i dont have OIA 11 :p
any they are staying firmly in my grasp :grinning: it would have to be a very handsom price to make me part with either of them

my mum got them when she worked in road tax many moons ago when you could pick registrations

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Jesus, i'd usually fall asleep with a thread like this but you've literally done everything humanly possible to abide by the law. As others have said, print all this out including the photo's of you measuring your plates with the ruler and keep them in the car. The police are only human and can make some errors of judgement i'm sure and at first glance i'd have assumed they weren't legal either... but you learn something new everyday :grinning:

fair play to you for not just getting other plates made up and not fighting the good fight :p

avo5021

RMS Regular
you should have pulled him over for the crack, im sure he would have been well pi33ed:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

If i was working i would have done and given him grief about the plates before owning up...lol I was in my own car so couldnt..

Yaris, was in white Fiat in front of you on M2 and alongside you on Westlink, headed down Roden St off the Westlink...

PS shouldnt text whilst driving...lol :-#

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
OP
MR2 super GT
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
i was stopped in traffic :p IIRC...

hey pablo, u reading it wrong. i dont have the perfect IIA11 i have IIA111

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
i dont have OIA 11 :p
any they are staying firmly in my grasp :grinning: it would have to be a very handsom price to make me part with either of them

my mum got them when she worked in road tax many moons ago when you could pick registrations

Does someone in your family have another number similar to either of those? I remember seeing something last week that reminded me of yours. Dont think it was IIA 111 though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.