New Tesla Model 3

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
New thread time. I know @Nickyyy and @Todd will be ready to rub their nipples as they both confess they love my threads full of my wacky and meandering thoughts.

TLDR; I don't even have the Tesla yet. Come back at the end of next week for photos if you are here for that lol. :laughing:

So, for a while I was doing my usual. Nice daily and something more exciting/rare/jap for the weekend.

As most people know I sold my Impreza Turbo. It made pretty good money. Helped massively by @Reno_LV's awesome photos.

My Daily was an awesome (and my 2nd) 640D.

640d.png

I then sold it for more than I paid for (to WBAC of all places) with the view to buying a Model 3. So in the meantime I bought this:

civic.jpeg

What a machineeee.

Anyway, I then placed my order for a Model 3 SR+ in White with the standard wheels. Somewhere along the way and wait, I chickened out and cancelled it. I'd never had something at that sort of money and the fact there was rumored battery changes etc. plus I was already looking to spent money upgrading the awful "Aero" wheels they come with. Really regretted not paying the extra for the 19s.

So I went and bought another i3! Awesome, high spec, (Full Leather, Parking Pack, Harmon Kardon etc.) and it was the 120Ah the biggest battery they do.

I've been in it a few months and really liking it.

bmw.jpg

However, the want for a Model 3 was growing (almost as much as the lead times and list price for the damn things). They also did change the battery so up from 276 to 305 miles range WLTP. So, one day in work I was doing my usual dreaming on Tesla.com and up pops an "inventory" car.

For those that don't know how Tesla work... they don't build cars to order. You place an order and whenever they happen to build one that matches that spec it will be assigned to you. Likewise, if someone cancels and order and they don't have an active order for that spec they will release it on their site as an inventory car. This was that. More importantly, it was a few weeks away instead of March-May 2022. It was also White (it's common for a reason IMO it doesn't suit any other colour) but had the important 19s and the White Interior. I debated for 30 seconds about the interior as I knew it wouldn't please everyone. But it's my car and I'm not worried or planning on a resale anytime soon (I also like light and/or wacky interior choices) so I hit the button to order it.

Woohoo:

tesla.png

And the, no doubt, controversial interior:

white.png

So after the order, they go through how you would like to pay etc. I then leave it a few days and decide to call into Belfast to see how everything is progressing. Here it becomes interesting. He said the car I ordered when I ordered it was due to land that same day from the factory. He said they had re-routed it to Belfast and that pickup would be towards the end of the month. Sweet. He offered me another play and drive in one, I thought why not! I also seen the white interior in the flesh and happy I made the right choice, it lifts the interior immeasurably. I am happy.

Fast forward a few days. Problems arise. Tesla London Bluewater call me and ask: "when would you like to collect? Without going into multiple phone calls and chats... the short version is if I want that car I have to get on a plane or reorder and wait and wait and wait. So, December 11th I will be! Flight booked, Boat booked and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. I land at 2PM and it's around a 6 hour journey to the boat (a bit longer with a stop to charge) and the boat leaves at 8:30PM lol. I asked could I change it to earlier and was told no they have over 400 cars and dozens out each day and have a certain number of slots etc etc. But, I'll be landing a few hours early and will chance my arm lol. Premium ticket booked for the boat, just incase! If I don't make it, then it'll be Netflix in the Tesla until the next one at 2:30am lol.

Very different process. Everything done online and via text/email. Got my reg number via email and most queries have been dealt with via the Live Chat.

Will keep this thread updated and send in an SOS if I get stuck haha! It'll all be worth it in the end... probably.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
You will love it! I wish I could have ordered the white interior but I’m in and out in dirty work clothes 90% of the time so wasn’t feasible.

Health to autopilot 😎

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
The white interior is getting some love that I didn't expect!

I normally am quite OCD with my interior. I keep a stash of microfibers and interior quick detail products I can't stand dirty seats or finger prints on screens etc.

The outside with the miles I do usually doesn't get the same attention lol.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
New thread time. I know @Nickyyy and @Todd will be ready to rub their nipples as they both confess they love my threads full of my wacky and meandering thoughts.

TLDR; I don't even have the Tesla yet. Come back at the end of next week for photos if you are here for that lol. :laughing:

So, for a while I was doing my usual. Nice daily and something more exciting/rare/jap for the weekend.

As most people know I sold my Impreza Turbo. It made pretty good money. Helped massively by @Reno_LV's awesome photos.

My Daily was an awesome (and my 2nd) 640D.

View attachment 343215

I then sold it for more than I paid for (to WBAC of all places) with the view to buying a Model 3. So in the meantime I bought this:

View attachment 343216

What a machineeee.

Anyway, I then placed my order for a Model 3 SR+ in White with the standard wheels. Somewhere along the way and wait, I chickened out and cancelled it. I'd never had something at that sort of money and the fact there was rumored battery changes etc. plus I was already looking to spent money upgrading the awful "Aero" wheels they come with. Really regretted not paying the extra for the 19s.

So I went and bought another i3! Awesome, high spec, (Full Leather, Parking Pack, Harmon Kardon etc.) and it was the 120Ah the biggest battery they do.

I've been in it a few months and really liking it.

View attachment 343219

However, the want for a Model 3 was growing (almost as much as the lead times and list price for the damn things). They also did change the battery so up from 276 to 305 miles range WLTP. So, one day in work I was doing my usual dreaming on Tesla.com and up pops an "inventory" car.

For those that don't know how Tesla work... they don't build cars to order. You place an order and whenever they happen to build one that matches that spec it will be assigned to you. Likewise, if someone cancels and order and they don't have an active order for that spec they will release it on their site as an inventory car. This was that. More importantly, it was a few weeks away instead of March-May 2022. It was also White (it's common for a reason IMO it doesn't suit any other colour) but had the important 19s and the White Interior. I debated for 30 seconds about the interior as I knew it wouldn't please everyone. But it's my car and I'm not worried or planning on a resale anytime soon (I also like light and/or wacky interior choices) so I hit the button to order it.

Woohoo:

View attachment 343217
And the, no doubt, controversial interior:

View attachment 343218

So after the order, they go through how you would like to pay etc. I then leave it a few days and decide to call into Belfast to see how everything is progressing. Here it becomes interesting. He said the car I ordered when I ordered it was due to land that same day from the factory. He said they had re-routed it to Belfast and that pickup would be towards the end of the month. Sweet. He offered me another play and drive in one, I thought why not! I also seen the white interior in the flesh and happy I made the right choice, it lifts the interior immeasurably. I am happy.

Fast forward a few days. Problems arise. Tesla London Bluewater call me and ask: "when would you like to collect? Without going into multiple phone calls and chats... the short version is if I want that car I have to get on a plane or reorder and wait and wait and wait. So, December 11th I will be! Flight booked, Boat booked and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. I land at 2PM and it's around a 6 hour journey to the boat (a bit longer with a stop to charge) and the boat leaves at 8:30PM lol. I asked could I change it to earlier and was told no they have over 400 cars and dozens out each day and have a certain number of slots etc etc. But, I'll be landing a few hours early and will chance my arm lol. Premium ticket booked for the boat, just incase! If I don't make it, then it'll be Netflix in the Tesla until the next one at 2:30am lol.

Very different process. Everything done online and via text/email. Got my reg number via email and most queries have been dealt with via the Live Chat.

Will keep this thread updated and send in an SOS if I get stuck haha! It'll all be worth it in the end... probably.
Very jealous, love that

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Fair play fella. Have been sorely tempted to look at i3 as part of the fleet. Think they look quite cool I'm the right spec.

Light interior looks to suit the Tesla. I think you can get dye block or something to keep it from staining.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Health to drive, you won't regret it! I went through a similar process having ordered a sr in the red with a tow bar and the 19s which must be the most random combination of them all. They tricked me in to driving an LR and I changed to an LR in blue with tow bar and the standard wheels haha.

They were completely fine about it even though the car was due in a week. Must come with the confidence of not being able to keep a car in stock.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Enjoy the car, some collection you have been going through :cool: I like the light interior, it suits them. Never eat chocolate or drink coffee in there :innocent:

So, December 11th I will be! Flight booked, Boat booked and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. I land at 2PM and it's around a 6 hour journey to the boat (a bit longer with a stop to charge) and the boat leaves at 8:30PM lol. I asked could I change it to earlier and was told no they have over 400 cars and dozens out each day and have a certain number of slots etc etc. But, I'll be landing a few hours early and will chance my arm lol. Premium ticket booked for the boat, just incase! If I don't make it, then it'll be Netflix in the Tesla until the next one at 2:30am lol.
What boat route is that? Just don't recognise the sailing time.

No chance making an 8:30 Scotland ferry. Change to the overnight ferry from Liverpool, 22:30 sailing. You should make that from London, just depends on which side of London you leave from and what airport you arrive at. Saves many hours of being stuck in M6 or A1(M) (depending on route) traffic and roadworks too. Possibly the two worst roads in England. Straight to bed on the ferry instead, arrive Belfast around 7am, fresh for a day of hooning about in your lovely new car :cool:

Can they meet you at the airport? Would save you hours of faffing about round London. And make sure they have it fully charged for you :innocent:

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Enjoy the car, some collection you have been going through :cool: I like the light interior, it suits them. Never eat chocolate or drink coffee in there :innocent:

What boat route is that? Just don't recognise the sailing time.

No chance making an 8:30 Scotland ferry. Change to the overnight ferry from Liverpool, 22:30 sailing. You should make that from London, just depends on which side of London you leave from and what airport you arrive at. Saves many hours of being stuck in M6 or A1(M) (depending on route) traffic and roadworks too. Possibly the two worst roads in England. Straight to bed on the ferry instead, arrive Belfast around 7am, fresh for a day of hooning about in your lovely new car :cool:

Can they meet you at the airport? Would save you hours of faffing about round London.

Thanks! Yes it's certainly a bit challenging but will be worth it!

It's Holyhead to Dublin.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, ok. You will still be better off with Liverpool then, saves a good couple of hours of driving. Though the A5 is fun when it's quiet, but you are likely to hit it in full rush hour and that's not so fun :innocent: Liverpool is straight to Belfast as well, avoids fighting through Dublin in the morning. Especially if you end up landing low on charge.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Looks great, have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one for a while. The prices aren’t bad on them so will follow to see your thoughts on it.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Soooo... to update this.

I picked it up and drove it for 6 months and absolutely loved it... but over the last few months I've sourced and supplied a few of my customers with some Long Range models and even one of my repeat customers with the rapid Performance Model. I got a good drive in one and well... it's mind-blowing. :eek: 0-60 in 3.1 seconds and virtually nothing short of a supercar will come close in 30-100mph acceleration. The specs are impressive but the instant shove it gives is just so hard to describe unless you sit in one. I had to have one. So, I managed to source a 2020 one with 17,000 miles direct from VWFS. The value of my own one held strong enough to make the deal a nice one (up to a years wait now on brand new ones)

Here's a link to my old one:

..and here's the replacement. So I've sacrificed a few things and gained some more. Lost: the wireless charging for phones(miss this the most to be honest, but there are some solutions); power tailgate; heat pump and my white interior. Gained: Many, many horsepowerings; 4WD instead of RWD (another motor); Better sound system; Track mode (hehehe); bigger 20 inch wheels; bigger brakes and carbon fiber spoiler etc. Actually can't wait to try a few drag days later in the year. Might get a set of smaller wheels for it for those.

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

I'll just keep updates in this thread instead of making a new one and actually remember to post some more pictures this time lol.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Haven't been on here in a lifetime and just thought I would post a quick update with how it's all been going.

I've owned it for two years and put and I now have just under 60,000 miles on it and it has genuinely been nothing short of spectacular. It's now the longest I have ever kept a car and I genuinely do not know what I would change it for. IMO they are now an absolute bargain they are now price wise (about half of what I paid lol).

Now I need to create a new thread but I don't have any decent pictures at present [ignore the fly graveyard on the Tesla] but we decided to convert the family car to EV as well. Replacing the brilliant SEAT Alhambra with an ID Buzz! Needless to say I think it's the first time Kelly has had a cooler car than me :laughing: Was tempted by some of the lease deals around but the spec on them was a bit crap and I really wanted a wacky colour and two-tone paint job. Then, unexpectedly, the option came up to buy our loaded Demo at a decent discount I jumped on it and here we are. Hopefully will be with us for a long time (maybe just before battery warranty is up in 2030 lol!)

IMG_1426.jpeg