New Clio Renaulsport 200 Turbo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
What are peoples thoughts on this?
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/home/...newsletter_Sept&WT.mc_id=EN-R-PRO-1012-STO2-2
nl95_newcliors1.jpg

nl95_newcliors2.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I don't think any of the motoring press have driven these yet but they have made some unusual choices on what is the defacto hot hatch which could be risky.

Turbocharging, no manual and five door only are the three items that spring to mind!

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Yeah i agree. Could either be the basis of which all hot hatches will be based on... or an absolute disaster. Its due to be released Summer 2013. From what i've seen the interior looks great though!
"Powered by a 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, mated to an EDC dual clutch transmission, the new Clio is designed to deliver improved efficiency. The 16-valve four-cylinder powerplant develops 200hp at 6,000rpm but has an extra 25 Nm of torque compared with Clio Renaultsport III."

pablo

RMS Moderator
turbo is the way forward for emmissions/mpg though isnt it? so not surprising really.

interior looks tidy and it doesnt look at all like a 5dr.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Still not sold by the front of this car... looks good from all other angles tho,

Think the turbo/ paddle shift will appeal to a lot of people. Gives it more of a racey feel having the paddles and what not rather than straight manual!
But i agree the option for manual would appeal to a lot of people probably

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Why are 5dr's becoming more popular? Same with the RS3? No one seems to know why there was never a 3dr option.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Why are 5dr's becoming more popular? Same with the RS3? No one seems to know why there was never a 3dr option.

Focus is only 5 door/estate as well. Pity, as i was looking at an ST in Ford yesterday and i think it would look really well as a 3 door.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Love the gearbox and interior, but unsure about the 5dr shell and whether the majority of Renaultsport fans will welcome the change from a fizzy N/A engine to a turbo one. But if anyone can do it and make it work, I'm sure Renaultsport can - they've a good track record, no pun intended.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
as much as I love having a big lazy auto in my daily barge I detest having them in a fun car. Yes it might change gears quicker than I can but it just removes the mechanical involvement from it :worried:

so poor show renault, you were the hot hatch king :worried:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I seem to recall reading something not so long ago where Renault stated they sell far more 5 doors than 3 doors so I assume it's cost saving.

Can't for the life of me find it. .....possibly on one of the other threads on here about the new Clio

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i actualy like it all bar the flappy pish flap gears

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
5 doors are so handy though, miss them after two leons, especially since they were quite subtle in the mk2 leon. Getting people in the backs a pain with 2 doors, id have been better off getting a two seater so i never have to bother

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I like changing gear myself, not having a computer do it!

Something to do with a memory that will live with me forever............. many years ago on a back road far far away i had a terrific drift on in an auto granada one frosty morning, then the bugger changed up a gear and i had a big pant filling moment as I just managed to get the barge under control again.

From this day on I hated autos!

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
I like changing gear myself, not having a computer do it!

Something to do with a memory that will live with me forever............. many years ago on a back road far far away i had a terrific drift on in an auto granada one frosty morning, then the bugger changed up a gear and i had a big pant filling moment as I just managed to get the barge under control again.

From this day on I hated autos!

I have a funny feeling auto boxes have changed a bit, since "Granada" days.....! Also it does not have a auto box, it has a DSG style box.....! BIG difference...

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I hate small five door cars, and cars with no clutch pedal are for people with one leg or fat yanks

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I have a funny feeling auto boxes have changed a bit, since "Granada" days.....! Also it does not have a auto box, it has a DSG style box.....! BIG difference...
Im well aware they have changed. I've driven dsg cars, don't like them either and no one likes them when they go wrong.

Pumesta sums it up above.

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
My mum's tt has a dsg box and it hasnt worked properly from day one. It hesitates a lot on throttle response and is quite jerky when cold. Im sure its great when it works properly but it frustates me big time. If that happens on a £45k audi, id dread to think what will happen on a renault baked bean can....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.