Need my arches rolled properly asap

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Can anyone help today even or tomorrow. Needs to be done properly :grinning:

Thanks, Chris

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LdDAa6TNWE&feature=related]YouTube - Guard rolling gone wrong[/ame]

:laughing:

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
pmsl at Harry's vid haha.

I came oh so close to that in the silver xsara with my spacers lol. I used the metal body of a 'Joeblow' pump, was all going well, till last wee bit, and paint started to chip and flake, was lucky to stop right at the lip edge, and not into the quarter lol....

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Anyone ... need this done ASAP.

Is the carnisuer place still open?

Chris

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Drop me a pm and Let me know how you get on Chris, I need my car done too!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Will keep all updated ... ill either be using Neil or motorsport and spares in ballymena.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Why dont you just do it yourself with the techniques used in this helpful vid :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LdDAa6TNWE&feature=related]YouTube - Guard rolling gone wrong[/ame]

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Haha

Booked in with motorsport and spares today at 245 ... fingers crossed all goes well, they seem to get a good rep for this :grinning:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Good lad (y)

So joking aside, what is the actual process for wheel arch rolling?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I asked them the same thing ... inner lip of arch gets rolled up. But i believe there are different heights etc you can get it rolled by. As long as they don't wreck my quarter etc ill be more than happy :grinning:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Thats my worry, I can't be arsed with having to repair or paint after lol! Is it a while you wait service or a couple of days work?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
While you wait he said, he said it should take a couple of hours as he likes to ake his time with it. 9/10 Cars he said have no issues or damage but he told me theres always a risk.

Only is £50 for my two rears ... can't wait to have it back when I can go over 30mph lol

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Right have you a contact for this guy?

hardc0re_tid

RMS Regular
Drives
Phat Almera GTi
street racer, bangor, 30 quid an arch

i used a plastic mallet on mine but that didnt do much other than bend the lip into a 'U' shape and reveal rust on the outside of the car :worried: wasnt too worried as the rear quarters need painted anyway

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Got the arches done at motorsport and spare yesturday took around two hours. He's done a great job ... slightest crack in paint (cm or 2 long) on under side of arch crease so can't be seen at all but im getting it sealed up etc for obvious reasons by Alwyn.

Great job for £60, guys name is jonny for who ever is needing it done :grinning:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Thanks Chris.. I'll be in touch with him in the next month..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.