My Estoril Blue E46 M3 Cab

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
I got a quick bit of Caliper painting done before the rain came this afternoon.
Having the wheels on and off, really has put me in the notion for a set of Spacers... but part of me hates the thought of them! 😬

PXL_20230412_103334444.jpg

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
Well, the hoist is working well & I can have the hard top off on my own in 3-4 minutes now (it takes longer to screw the eyelets in).

I got some more bits done in the garden this afternoon & me and the wee lad got out for a quick drive before the sun went down 😎

PXL_20230418_182000136~3.jpg

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
Today, the car got a rear caliper refurb.

I had noticed one back wheel dragging a bit, getting warm and squealing when reversing. A good drive last weekend didn't really sort it, so I ordered a rebuild kit.

It was fairly straightforward to fit, but I had one bleeder shear off, so I need to persuade it out & get everything bled, which will be a job for later in the week.

PXL_20230424_185623316~2.jpg
PXL_20230425_134941456.jpg PXL_20230425_134929639.jpg PXL_20230425_173108073.jpg

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
thats tasty, though i think u need a gold cane to carry off that chrome rear, or at least chains

Yes, it seems to divide opinion to be fair! lol

Its been a BMW Dealer fit item back in the car's early years. I dont mind it so much.

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
Just found this thread, picked up mine about a month ago in Edinburgh, fun cars although mines an SMG 🤐 I've the ACS exhaust as well, I like it but the diffuser isn't to my taste

Attachments

• IMG_20231001_192031.jpg
    IMG_20231001_192031.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 0

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
Just found this thread, picked up mine about a month ago in Edinburgh, fun cars although mines an SMG 🤐 I've the ACS exhaust as well, I like it but the diffuser isn't to my taste

The chrome looks totally different on a Silver car. Wrap it Satin black? (y)

1696434968122.png

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
Well, the sun was out today, so it must almost be time to get this out and about again.

I have had the trickle-charger on to top the battery up & started a quick check-list of things that have been annoying me for a while.

First off. Dead LEDs... I am surprised the old ones actually passed MOT this time round.
Img_2024_05_01_17_53_47~3.jpeg

I have been keeping an eye on eBay for ages and Cab lights seem to always be a fortune.

I saw a full set come in last week, for less than the price of a single lamp, & the seller included pics of them working in the car. So, Buy it Now was clicked.
Img_2024_05_02_22_40_04.jpeg

I got the two outers fitted this evening. My inners seem fine and aren't faded.

All LEDs are now working!

Next up, is a few bits on the interior...

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Beautiful car in a beautiful colour.

Small changes and attention to the details all add up. I'd love one, but would have a hard time justifying buying one. Yours looks fantastic though!

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
First time seeing this thread. I really like that. Looks fantastic & love the hard top! Lovely motor (y)

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
I have been trying to find an 'M3' plate for this for a while, but didn't fancy giving a fortune for one with three random letters.
So this was a available on DVLA, it had my initials & it was good value - DFR! 😄

PXL_20240509_175557256.jpg

Boksic

RMS Regular
I have been trying to find an 'M3' plate for this for a while, but didn't fancy giving a fortune for one with three random letters.
So this was a available on DVLA, it had my initials & it was good value - DFR! 😄

View attachment 434098

Looks great matey 👍🏻
Friend of mine was putting a diff seal in a coupe yesterday, also estoril blue. They really are an older, better, kind of cool. The noise is something else too. I don't think newer stuff has the same character at all!
It made me want to get my own out, which I think of every time I see you post on this, but life is still too hectic here yet 😂 Maybe next summer!

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
Looks great matey 👍🏻
Friend of mine was putting a diff seal in a coupe yesterday, also estoril blue. They really are an older, better, kind of cool. The noise is something else too. I don't think newer stuff has the same character at all!
It made me want to get my own out, which I think of every time I see you post on this, but life is still too hectic here yet 😂 Maybe next summer!
do it jewish GIF

I think we should get as many of them all out for a bit of a drive over the summer

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
I took the car for a quick run round the town last night to make sure everything was ok for it's appointment with Prentice BMW on Tuesday, for an outstanding recall.

All was ok, but the AC was hissing like hell & no cold air, so into work this morning for a quick leak-check & a regas.

PXL_20240512_105810853.jpg

So, that's it all done and ice-cold again. It passed the Leak test ok, so hopefully we're good for another while. 🤞🏻