Lewis' EP2 Civic Turbo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lewis.

RMS Regular
Drives
S14 Zenki
Well guys, just gona throw up a few pics of the EP2, as i think you guys will like it.

Basically when i bought the car it was running 197BHP @7PSI rolling roaded with a turbo conversion. long story short, it had to be removed for a short while, But it is now back in again and running at 9PSI, I have the rolling road booked for the 27th of Oct to find out the BHP this time. My target for before January 2013 is to hit 230bhp with the help of a converted D16Z6 inlet manifold, K20 Throttle body and some other mods :grinning:

Here is the Current Spec:
2004 Civic Sport Nighthawk black

Exterior:
Tenzo RS-5 Alloys wrapped in toyo proxies
Purple D1 Spec Wheel Nuts
JDM yellow fogs
Purple Rear Benen tow hook
Purple Dice Caps
Black Calipers
Team Heko Wind Deflectors

Mechanical, Engine & Exhaust :
Throttle Body Bypass
Custom induction kit
Custom Powerflow De-Cat
Powerflow Exhaust
Air-con removed
Battery Relocated to boot.

TurboKit:
Relflashed ECU
T80 Turbo out of a 180SX
Custom made Manifold heat-wrapped and downpipe
Golf GTI Injectors
Universal Intercooler
HKS SQV
Autogauge Boostgauge
Oil Catch Can With Breather
Custom Map sensors to run boost

Interior:
EP3 Prefacelift Front and rear Sears
FD2 Style Gearknob
Tegiwa Gear Shift Extender
Neuspeed Quick Shift
Carbon Wrapped Interior Handles

Sound:
Kenwood Double Din
Kenwood Front and Rear after Market Speakers
Custom tweeters in Doorards

Suspension and Handling:
BC fully adjustable coilovers
Floor Brace
Rear upper brace
Rear lower tie Brace

Some Pics

IMG_2380_zps65ec6d46.jpg

IMG_2378_zps08d55689.jpg

IMG_2392_zpsf808a4e7.jpg

IMG_2387_zpseac840ee.jpg

post-4875-0-63583200-1349912129_thumb_zps09d87b93.jpg

IMG_2382_zpsd4a45552.jpg

IMG_2375_zps9c49c9ed.jpg

IMG_2372_zpsf5aa49e7.jpg

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Thanks man, appreciate it, and yeah it pulls on rightly :grinning:

Il needa take it to some meets, and introduce myself at some stage...

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Yep :grinning: Im leaving the sport badges on the sides though for the element of surprise haha sleeper
thumbs_up.gif

AC

RMS Regular
Now that is different! Very nice! I see those photos were taken in Comber, are you from around that neck of the woods? How does this fair against a stock K20?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Looks like a good job ... quite stealthy looking (y)

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Thanks AC :grinning: Yeah man im from Downpatrick just, not too far away :grinning: Havnt had a go against a stock K20 yet so im unsure although i do no it would beat me top end as my crappy gearbox will only let me do 130mph ( on a private track/road of course) . I needa research to see if any other boxes fit my thing. But in 1-4 gear ya cant change it fast enough, its jus straight through the gears. :grinning:

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Looks like a good job ... quite stealthy looking (y)
Yeah man, im thinking of changing the wheels to some rota grid drifts though, heres a quick photoshop of it with the wheels i want :grinning:
grid-drift-bronze_zps5ccef62e.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Done to the death IMO. Go for something different as its a one off project.

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Well, i was also looking at Rota force drift, but i fancy going 16"x8 that only comes in the grids in the drift series

Conor

RMS Regular
Maybe i've read it wrong, but is that not a shocking amount of work for 230 bhp?!

There's N/A K20s running that kind of power is there not?

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Maybe i've read it wrong, but is that not a shocking amount of work for 230 bhp?!

There's N/A K20s running that kind of power is there not?
There is, but its just the fact that , you can only see 2 turbo 1.6 EP's in northern ireland, whereas you can see a N/A type r Parked on every street. Just wantin to stand out from the crowd a bit. + Turbo's have far more torque than VTEC so a 1.6 Turbo at 200 bhp will beat a K20 at 200bhp :grinning:

Conor

RMS Regular
There is, but its just the fact that , you can only see 2 turbo 1.6 EP's in northern ireland, whereas you can see a N/A type r Parked on every street. Just wantin to stand out from the crowd a bit. + Turbo's have far more torque than VTEC so a 1.6 Turbo at 200 bhp will beat a K20 at 200bhp :grinning:

I see your point. I disagree tbh, but I see your point.

I just know what a typical turbo conversion normally involves in terms of hours, cost and initial reliability issues, and it seems a big effort just to be 'different' so you can maybe be the same pace as a K20.

Fair play either way, stuff like this takes serious patience.

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Most people would probably agree with you too man, its just not how i roll though :grinning: And the cost and time was very, very minimal :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.