Honest valuations on a few old classic cars needed

Jethro

RMS Regular
These old cars have sat in my father in laws garage from the 1970's and 1980's, at the minute the garage is being cleared out and it is by no means an easy task !!

1966 Mk2 Jaguar 3.4, the car has 40,000 miles on it, he rolled it one night he thought he was being chased, it was a perfect roll as it landed on its wheels and drove straight to the garage and has never moved since.

DSCF9785.jpg

DSCF9786.jpg

DSCF9783.jpg

Another few gems are these MK1 Morris Mini's one is a 1964 the other I don't know yet what year but will find out more details tomorrow and get better pictures as the parts lying around and on them get removed.

Sliding windows, doorshave the external hinges, they were removed and are hanging up, Christ knows what other parts are there somewhere.
DSCF9794.jpg

DSCF9795.jpg

This one was in a makeshift spray booth from the early 80's, maybe even earlier, it was stripped and ready for painting.

DSCF9776.jpg

DSCF9777.jpg

Other stuff includes a split Zetor 3011, all parts are there to put together again, there are also 2 Internationals tractors in various stages of repair.

DSCF9768.jpg

Renault 11 Boston which was the last addition to the garage in the early 90's when it drove onto the ramp

DSCF9793.jpg

Morris 1800 which is sold

DSCF9790.jpg

Morris Minor & Renault 4, Minor may be going back to its original owner and Renault 4 may be sold

DSCF9767.jpg

Last edited:

tim

RMS Regular
If you want it away this century, its scrap value. If you want to wait on 'catching someone' you may wait forever or you might lucky.

It all comes down to how much hassle you are prepared to deal with.

If you don't have contacts in classic cars or motivation, 'd be personally having it all taken away to T-Met/Clearways and take whatever they'll give you. Not worth the heartache of trying to discover what stuff is, advertise it and wait potentially on no one/chancers.

Jonny

RMS Regular
Dads in the jaguar drivers club they normally have ad's for people looking for mark 2's

I'll take a look when I get home later and send you a pic of an ad.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
If you don't have contacts in classic cars or motivation, 'd be personally having it all taken away to T-Met/Clearways and take whatever they'll give you.

Are you serious? In this day and age selling this sort of stuff has never been easier. A few good pics on a few good forums/Facebook pages and that stuff will sell itself.... can't be too many of those Jags left, and Minis of any vintage are making good money now, never mind early ones.

Not to mention people go mad for a barn find. Take plenty of pictures of them in their current state.... everyone loves a good story that goes with the car.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I'd think there would be some interest in the Mini, especially if it has V5 or you/your relatives are the last named keeper. If there's any good chrome (doubt it) on the Mk2 it might be worth a bit.
The wee Zetor would be quite desirable because it's small and a bit different from usual Fergusons. It would also attract the kind of magpie that might make you an offer for the whole lot.
It's all the other random stuff that I'd be more curious about, especially if there's any old machine tools, pillar drill, lathe, tooling, etc.

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
I don't care what shape it's in, that Jag has to be worth a few quid. There's a fella beside me restores this sort of barn stuff, recently bought a rotten jensen there. Might try and see if I could give him a shout this week.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The two mk1 minis would be 2k+ if they come complete with bits. I could probably source a buyer for them pretty easily if you get some more pics.

I would be interested in one myself

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
If you have the time I would stick them on e bay, bit of a story on the barn find and they will def find their value!

Jethro

RMS Regular
OP
Jethro
Thanks for the interest so far lads. I was down again today with the intention of getting some better pics but there are that many parts sitting around them we barely know what cars they are off and cannot scrap much more metal without risk of throwing away valuable items.
The V5 for the Jag has turned up along with the service history (it was in it all along) and we had a fella that I know down today taking pictures of it to send to a restoration expert in England, I was very surprised when I opened the boot and the boot floor is virtually like new even along the seams and wheel well. We also had two men looking at the Minis with a view to buying them, they were able to confirm the grey one has had no welding done, the red one has had minor welding repairs and is a basic model. Both Minis as far as we can see are complete and there are several other Mini engines and gearboxes in the garage.
@ciarandeery1 I have honestly no idea yet, its up on the ramp with flat tyres and it's not in the way yet, its about the only complete car that there is there and it is in pretty decent condition.If you make an offer it might be accepted by the wifes family ?
@big_pete I'll get a few more Mini pics this week.
@Apis there is a horrendous amount of tools, sockets etc and an equally horrendous amount of unused parts that will have to be researched to see what they are off
@Jonny That would be super
@tim Take it to TMET... LOL.what a load of shite

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
I don't care what shape it's in, that Jag has to be worth a few quid. There's a fella beside me restores this sort of barn stuff, recently bought a rotten jensen there. Might try and see if I could give him a shout this week.

I showed him the pics. He says he's no expert but if the chassis was 100% sound there'd be no bother in getting anywhere in the region of £6 - 8 k. the colour is the thing going for it, and he loved the sound of the boot being mint, the mileage being low, the service history and v5 being there. The fact that it drove home seemed to be a bonus! I had imagined it would be worth fair wee bit. as i say this guy says he's no expert, so i haven't clue if he's on the money or not. but certainly something to Maybe go on anyway. let me no what the experts say and if hes far out or not.

Bryan

RMS Regular
These are cool. I've not real interest in buying any of them but the stories attached to them are cool in themselves. Even more so if any are original NI registered cars.

You will have no bother shifting any of those cars. The classic market is booming regardless of condition.

Any Rover V8 parts?

Last edited:

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
If you want it away this century, its scrap value. If you want to wait on 'catching someone' you may wait forever or you might lucky.

It all comes down to how much hassle you are prepared to deal with.

If you don't have contacts in classic cars or motivation, 'd be personally having it all taken away to T-Met/Clearways and take whatever they'll give you. Not worth the heartache of trying to discover what stuff is, advertise it and wait potentially on no one/chancers.
You on drugs Tim? Or have you still got your car sales man hat on?