F31 BMW 320d

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
Sooooo the volvo sh!t itself but luckily I had money sitting and was actively perusing gumtree/usedcars/autotrader etc and the day it calved, this popped up so pushed the envelope and picked this up.

2014 320d M Sport - Semi Auto - upgraded widescreen android auto/apple car play and thats about all i know lol. anyone know the wheel style?

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Has anyone had the steering wheel retrim done as the leather is badly faded/dulled

Steering wheel.jpg

Last edited:

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
royal steering wheels do an exchange service and i would highly recommend them. They done my f10 steering and it was a great job.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Lovely car! The suit the black so well!

The wheels are style 437m. The wheels that came on the non comp pack M4 and M3's

Yeah had my F80 wheel redone by Royal Steering Wheels it was washed with some harsh chemicals by the dealer and stripped all the colour off it.

D5CFBCFB-8CF7-43AF-921A-ECB63EDF6F4E.jpeg

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
OP
thomas_lad
Drives
F31 M Sport
Lovely car! The suit the black so well!

The wheels are style 437m. The wheels that came on the non comp pack M4 and M3's

Yeah had my F80 wheel redone by Royal Steering Wheels it was washed with some harsh chemicals by the dealer and stripped all the colour off it.

View attachment 433227
Ooh thats nice, the Nappa leather choice then, been having a look on their site and look great

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
OP
thomas_lad
Drives
F31 M Sport
If it hasn’t already been done, budget for doing the timing chains, they are a nightmare for going on these, they are a lovely car though!
Good to know, cheers Pete. Is there a way of telling or just get it done after so many miles?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
They get noisey/rattle. They all go, usually from 70k miles upwards. If you can afford to do it and plan on keeping it a while I’d just get it done for peace of mind. Although check the history as a lot of them have had it sorted by now.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
A mate of mine got his chain done on his 320d at Car Clinique in Hillsborough. Was a few years back & it was about £1100. He just got his done as a precaution when it hit about 90k as he was keeping in for a while.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Very nice, makes me miss my F31.

437M wheels really suit these with a subtle drop, and the carplay screen inside makes them feel as modern as anything.

Agreed on the chain, get it sorted and have peace of mind for the long term.