Cleaning out injector hole

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
anyone any ideas how to get this out? Tried rag and screwdriver even the Hoover! Scrape it all in, take heater plug out and turn her over and blow it out that way?

image.jpeg

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Looks good I wonder where I would get that local...

I know I know Google is my friend

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Call to your local mechanics garage. May lend you the right cutting head for a while for a few beer tokens.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Turbo blew I've drained the oil from intercooler ideally I suppose I should be taking it of and clean it out properly?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You'll need to clean all boost pipework etc as much as possible.

And make sure there isnt any oil in the cylinders before trying to start too, or you could end up bending rods or something.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Yeah turned her over with injectors and heater plugs out what do you recommend to clean the pipe work

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
A drop of kerosene through them, or else brake cleaner. Just ensure they are bone dry before fitting again. Stand the cooler and pipe work upright for a while so they can drain.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Pour it out, let them sit so any can run out.

And as above, flush with brake cleaner, engine de-greaser, petrol...anything really.

And make sure there is none of the above remaining in the system before you try and start it, make sure they're totally dry or the engine might try and run on the vapors/liquids left.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
An intercooler out job I was hoping to avoid that but may as well do it right I suppose

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
What happened the car if you don't mind me asking George? How'd the turbo go?

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
The exhaust manifold was broken right at the air flow meter, it melted and the air filter caught fire didn't notice til car cut out opened bonnet and seen the smoke so ripped it apart and pulled out filter in time, put in a new filter drove 3 or 4 Miles down the road was overtaking someone and turbo blew white smoke everywhere, very embarrassing lol dunno if the turbo was on its way out and the extra heat done the damage ?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Intercooler is held in with a couple of Torx screws. They drop out very easily on them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.