Classic Car Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Would a 1991 st182 Toyota Celica (import) be eligible for cover and if so who is the best for classic insurance?

thanks Lee

andy3k9

RMS Regular
Drives
honda ek9
it would but you'll have trouble finding somewhere to insure it under classic if your under 25 :worried:, although there might be some companies that do over 21's....

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
I think I remember someone recommending Crumlin Insurance Partnership for classic insurance from a local company.

Not sure if you can get classic insurance on an import though, and age (as well as annual mileage) are definitely factors, too.

Lee A

RMS Regular
OP
Lee A
Drives
Accord types k24
sorry i should have made it clear it's not for me it's for my dad. He's just wanting it a bit cheaper now as he doesn't plan to drive it as much

andy3k9

RMS Regular
Drives
honda ek9
oh right, then it should be no bother, there's def companies over here that cover classic imports, you might find something in the insurance section

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Depends on the car and some places don't like imports. Adrian Flux were who I used for the mk1 mr2.

Mark s

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra 2.5 Twin T
I'm with footman james, No problems with imports and under £200 for a 1996 mr2 Turbo..

Been with a few other companies like, caufield in cookstown, abbey, autoline in coleraine etc.. Try them all and work from there!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
campbell autoline coleraine, they have me on calibra turbo and cav turbo for £400 for the pair :laughing:

Lee A

RMS Regular
OP
Lee A
Drives
Accord types k24
I'll get him to give them companies a bell, cheers guys

talksalot81

RMS Member
I'm with footman james, No problems with imports and under £200 for a 1996 mr2 Turbo..

Been with a few other companies like, caufield in cookstown, abbey, autoline in coleraine etc.. Try them all and work from there!

How do you manage to get classic with footman james?! They specifically exclude Northern Ireland in their terms and conditions!

Mark s

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra 2.5 Twin T
No idea, i phoned them one day for a quote and took it from there.. They didnt mention that they dont do N Ireland..

talksalot81

RMS Member
I will chase them.... no one, anywhere, seems to want to pick up!

At the moment I am finding classic insurance to be, generally, higher than a standard policy with my existing insurer (hughes).

talksalot81

RMS Member
Tried them... like many others, they go via cccinsurance... who quoted me £550 with only 3000 miles acceptable on the policy.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Do you boys drive your classics every day or have to have a daily too for a classic policy?

Lee A

RMS Regular
OP
Lee A
Drives
Accord types k24
I've been looking into classic for myself with the clio but me being 21 seems to make it nearly impossible. Do Campbell autoline cover 21 up ? checked their site and can't seem to find anything.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Prehaps someone should start a definitive classic car insurance thread same as the whats everyones insurance kind of thing so people ca look themselves.

Lee A

RMS Regular
OP
Lee A
Drives
Accord types k24
x1 would be good to no who offers classic at my age

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I need a good classic insurer for the MX5. Best i've had so far with a normal policy is £360, limited to 5000miles, but i want to see if any of the classic insurers can better that.

There's guys on the owners club paying just over £100 a year on classic insurance lol :worried:

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
See id be curious also as I want a Rover 75 project to restore, but the oldest I can get is an early 98 S reg car, and these where prototypes.

Dont know to many places that do classic on a car less than 15 years old. :confounded:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
My classic is more of a weekend car for me. I have another car for everyday use.
To get your policy tyho do you have to have another everyday car or do they allow you to drive away on your classic as a 1 car policy if you know what i mean?

I know some companies are a bit weird that way...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.