Car Insurance increases

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Can’t believe it’s a year already since I started this thread… and yet again my renewal policy coming out at 80% more again.

Cheapest on compare sites for the S3 is £1100 and E46 M3 on small mikage is £450
And the 2018 Mini Cooper is £500

Cheapest I got was Admiral again for all three coming in at total £1400,
Not the worst but still up about £400 from last year

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Until there's more regulation, they can all just get together and go "Up 80% across the board lads, we'll make bank!"

It's the only insurance that's compulsory too.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Finally got my renewal through from Admiral. Negotiated a bit and managed to keep the increase to just over 10%. Will take that as a major win - quotes from every other company were nearly 100%.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
The wife’s has just came through for renewal from Cornmarket and it’s £100 more than last year. It’s now £430 for a 2015 Honda jazz. To be fair I was expecting more than that but I am determined to get it lower than that.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

Lee

RMS Regular
Mine was £322 last year. Got it for £287 this year, with seemingly better cover.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Im due to renew my classic policy next month. Will be interested to see how much it will increase on a car that only does around 300 mile a year.

Was £120 last year and that included a £30 admin fee :joy:
Got my renewal in - £117.57 so im happy with that. Actually very surprised

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
got my renewal on the Macan. - "we cannot offer you a renewal quote".

rumours a while ago were that markerstudy were pulling out of NI? my underwriter was markerstudy.

local companies are scandalous money, some around £1k, most well over £2k. cheap online companies are £650-700. last year the C63 cost me £450 and to change to the macan mid-term cost me £90

e320mark

RMS Regular

rumours a while ago were that markerstudy were pulling out of NI? my underwriter was markerstudy.

local companies are scandalous money, some around £1k, most well over £2k. cheap online companies are £650-700. last year the C63 cost me £450 and to change to the macan mid-term cost me £90
Markerstudy are long gone now!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

Admiral were the only company which I had actually heard of who were quoting me below £1k, bear in mind my insurance last year was £486. Absolutely no change in circumstances, and I have over 20 years NCD

Sheeples

RMS Regular
Drives
M4/RS4
Renewal in from AXA for the M4 up from £800 to £1000. Which is coming in cheaper than any of the comparison sites, cheapest I can get there is £1400.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
My renewal came in £150 more than last year with AXA.

Got it for £3 more than last year with Tesco then a £20 Sainsburys voucher for buying from confused.com so overall cheaper than last year, happy with that!

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
Ended up being able to get it for myself from Hastings for £665. Added my girlfriend on (who’s only had her license 5yrs), and paid £850.

Axa, NFU, Hughes, aviva etc were all 1000+

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
You'd think some of these insurance companies would think "oh here, we could get an increase in customers if we were actually fair in our pricing!" 🤪 :joy:

Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Insurance an absolute joke, £1200 wife's Cayenne , £1200 Skoda Enyaq coupé for me, £700 Alpina on classic policy with minimal mileage. More than 15 years NCB for both of us!
Update on Skoda, managed to get it for £890 with AA through GoV Compare with 0% APR monthly payments as well, result 👌🏻