any advice on getting rid of the smell of spilled protein from car carpets?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sc_evo

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
i spilled protein in the drivers side of my car a month ago. i got it mopped up at the time and thought id got away with it. about 3 or 4 days later it started to stink bad. after a week it wasnt bearable so i took it to a mate who give the carpets a quick wash with a valet machine.

the car then smelt like there was a dead animal in it. so i decided to rip out the seat and lift the carpet. underneath was bone dry but i called a local valet company out and they did a proper clean of the carpets and seats. they then sprayed it with some sort of strong disinfectant.

this seemed to kill the real bad smell but was left with a strong odour. i give it a few days to dry out but im afraid the smell is still very strong. now smells like a childs used nappy has been left in it. even magic trees dont help.

anyway if anyone can put me in touch with someone that can sort this out for me id appreciate it.

im at the stage now where i cant drive the car and im considering buying a set of carpets from a breaker.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
You need to kill the enzymes that are causing the smell. Normal upholstery cleaner won't do this

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Biological washing liquid should do the job, worked when th wife spilt milk in the car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.