Another one……Westfield Megablade 1000rr

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I wasn’t going to post this as I get so much grief already but like @IL, I just can’t get away from them.

I picked this up in England at the start of March. New build in 2019, originally fitted with a Hayabusa engine but the previous owner switched it to a 2013 1000rr Fireblade engine.

It arrived to me in fairly docile spec - 20 year old, non-adjustable Spax shocks, bushed (not rose jointed arms), really not much special about it but I got a good deal on it and got the trailer to go with it so it was a no brainer.

got the overnight boat to Liverpool, picked up the car and trailer in Leeds and drove back for the overnight boat home. As it rolled off into my yard….

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6774.jpeg

So I took it to kirky for testing - didn’t touch a thing on it and it was great fun but Wet!

IMG_6975.jpeg

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Really wanted to get another test day at Kirkistown without the rain, so booked onto the Trackskills in March and had an awesome day. Again, I never touched a thing on the car besides fitting an AIM MXS dash+data logger and a carbon tillett seat. However, still running the old spax shocks and whatever geometry it landed with.

I was able to nail out consistent 62 second laps and one clinker of a 61.9 (which puts me on par with the current Ni7s official lap record providing I can match this in a race).

I found the car to be sooo playful. So much fun - very ‘dancy’ under your ass but very controllable. Definitely doesn’t steer as well as the white car did and definitely not as planted but certainly faster! Weird!

IMG_7057.jpeg

However, on the last test session I was left waiting in the pit lane for longer than I wanted and the car started to overheat. As I entered the track, I stupidly thought I was in my old car (where at that point I’d have turned my radiator fan off) and thinking this, I hit the water pump switch off instead. Duh, I know!

I went out and did 8 ‘hot’ laps as hard as the car would go and the engine died as i came back into the pits. Absolutely gutted - my own stupid fault as I didn’t remember that my radiator fan on this car is actually on a thermostatic switch!

Anyway, I ripped the engine out and sent it off to be salvaged (if possible).

I decided to give the car and garage a makeover while waiting for the engine to come back. I’ve now fitted a scissor lift, have a new black garage theme (albeit not finished yet), a new toolbox and an acid green car lol wrapped it myself, pretty happy with this tbh!

IMG_8030.jpeg

Waiting on the magician that is @PeteMoore making some ‘special’ front end parts and a new engine cradle for my new engine which arrived yesterday.

Also fitted some sexy purple Protech shocks and have more carbon to be fitted!

IMG_8011.jpeg

IMG_8018.jpeg

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Engine back in today, cage back on, some carbon flared side panels fitted, carbon silencer mounted up and as much secured down as possible with titanium M5 torx fasteners.

IMG_8144.jpeg

IMG_8142.jpeg

IMG_8141.jpeg

IMG_8127.jpeg

I also got some beautiful new front-end suspension parts (wishbones etc) from the magician @PeteMoore which were dropped to the cerakoters tonight. Will have them back Friday and the rebuild will be almost complete!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Really taking shape now Kev (y)(y)

When is your first outing with Roadsports?

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Really taking shape now Kev (y)(y)

When is your first outing with Roadsports?

Cheers man! Testing 6th May at Mondello and will be out with Ni7s/Roadsports 18th and 19th May at Bishopscourt. 👌