A-Team van project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ep3 typeR

RMS Regular
Drives
FN1
Well like many of you ok well maybe just some i've always wanted an A-Team van and finally i have one.

The good thing is everything is there well apart from some of the bodywork which has got eaten by rust 8o| but nothing that cant be fixed.Might need a bita help there btw.

Plans are to strip it and start the welding process which i've now done.Once welding and P.S.V are out of the way a rewire a respary (obviously) and whatever else takes place to make a full A-Team van rep.

Here's a few pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is were you plug in your tv etc when stoping over for the night at a nice caravan site and of course you could of always slept on the seats for the night. haha .Couldnt wait to get rid of these and the whole part camper conversion thing that was going on.

Then of came that lovely interior

Then of came the ply to oncover almost 30years or dirt and grime oh aye and rust

And here's a few patches cut ready for welding

What ya's think?

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Thats mega cool!
Is that the one that used to sit just off the old Ballygawley rd, at parkanaur??

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That will look superb if you can get the proper A-Team style interior too!

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Class project, did someone on here have a similar bedford a-team rep? might have been another forum.

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
cormac the bedford belongs to the wooded floor comany in belfast

this is awesome! please get an exterior speaker that plys the theme at the touch of a button!!!!

Ep3 typeR

RMS Regular
OP
Ep3 typeR
Drives
FN1
Thanks guys

Cro - there's a 2.2 Fontera lump in her with original box.Have EFI for er to but thats well down the line and maybe look into diff box as only 4 speed

Gaz - Yes defo want A-Team style interior but again down the line at min but if anyone knows of anything that might do please get in touch

sidewayssteenson - that was one of the 1st things I thought of lol.It will be done ! Actually got the theme tune with her lol

rms - no this wasn't her think that mighta been that wooden floor company one

Bryan

RMS Regular
Is that a Bedford CF with a GMC grill?

You can easily accomodate a Rover V8 in a CF if it is....

I can also put you in touch with a person who has a diesel CF for parts if that's what you prefer!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
My friend Chris used to have one of these all done up, not sure what engine but boy did it shift and the sound was superb, he took us a spin one nite and we all sat with plastic guns and a-team masks on including my Dad lol, he made good money renting it out to stag parties, weddings etc.

Ep3 typeR

RMS Regular
OP
Ep3 typeR
Drives
FN1
marko_d - your not having this one lol

Eamon - aye i know but dont even have her on the road yet so i'll see how she performs 1st.Sounds good tho with the modified fully working side exits

Bryan - I just wanna get it on the road as soon as right now ideally within 2 months but cant see that happening now to be honest. I know the van you mean, the guy got in contact with me. I wouldn't have room for a second van at the min but what kinda nic is it i in do you know? I never got back to the guy (forgot to be honest) can't remember his name. Think it's a CF grill but wanna do the GMC quad headlight conversion on her.Needa find a GMC for parts 1st !!

Mel - Thats exacally what i wanna do with this. Do you think Chris could tell me the in's n out's of it insurance etc

Bryan

RMS Regular
I went to see the diesel CF and it's completly rotten. You would only be able to use it for mechanicals. The sills are gone, doors are gone, steps gone etc etc

Ep3 typeR

RMS Regular
OP
Ep3 typeR
Drives
FN1
I went to see the diesel CF and it's completly rotten. You would only be able to use it for mechanicals. The sills are gone, doors are gone, steps gone etc etc

Thanks bryan would be handy to have a few spare mechanicals just incase. I'll give him a shout if i decide to go ahead but just needa get it welded and p.s.v'd at the minute

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.