2006 Honda crv (Heep project)

j44nty

RMS Regular
welcome to my mid life family crisis.
I have never and will never own a diesel. I was wrong
I would never need such a practical 4x4. I was wrong
I would never drive an ugly crv. Wrong

Skip this next boring part would probably be for the best.
This crv has been in my family from new my father has used it to tow trailers for years it has never once let him down. Timing chain was done at 80000 as it had started to make the tell tale noise from these 2.2 honda engines. I bought him the honda accord wheels a long time ago and they still reside on it.
Currently the Heep has 107000 miles full service history and family owned so it was very hard to go past.
Lost an uncle recently and that played a part in the need for a 4x4 so when my old fella went out and bought himself a new crv he offered me the old one for a comedy low price i just couldnt go past it. It has managed all the wet muddy ground and field entrances i threw at it this winter it tows well and manages 50 mpg. Also with my own family trips to the caravan the space is very useful.

Lets remember this is a practical tool for me and nothing more but I don’t have the ability to leave anything alone so after some searching online I discover the american market for these is huge. I strayed onto youtube and found many vids such as this showing the drive train capabilities of the mk1 same through the mk2.

youtu

Transfered my plate because I wanted to put the old plate back on the 325i incase it ends up in a new home as I don’t really need it and would like something more toy related as a second car but at the mo I'm not thinking of anything (maybe e46 vert or another mr2 roadster)

Completed task Index:
Serviced June 2018, track rod ends, drop links, brake pads, new battery
1.25” spacers (lol they big) PAGE 3
30mm lift kit PAGE 3
New rear springs (sag on the 12 year old units) PAGE 3
225/70/16 all terrain tyres x4 PAGE 3
Iso loom for the headunit and fitted
Changed all speakers PAGE 2
Refurbed old steels and trailer PAGE 2
Spare wheel to match new setup Page 3
Headlight minor refurb Page 3
Dash cams and boot light upgrade Page 4
Reverse camera Page 4

To do:
Tints (dont like tints but i carry a lot of chainsaw gear quite often and need the privacy)
Power converter as I would like to run my chainsaw sharpner in the boot.
Work lamps to light the trailer and maybe light bar for winter work
Front black bar (probably custom) to hold light bar maybe
Roof rails to hold awning

Cleaning at it tonight and discovered for the first time the boot floor doubles up as a table which will be handy come lunch time in the woods.
FBD85B23-CD80-45A2-A59B-9861C3FECB51.jpeg

37850D8B-C9A0-46DA-8C43-5933C94CF6D7.jpeg

I honestly dont think it has seen polish ever so a fast coat of autosmart cherry glaze, some window cleaning and a host of @Big Pimp anachem stuff later it looks like this
74080DF8-F4F2-437C-8E65-618B8F364AE5.jpeg

AF627303-932D-498B-AC34-B828F58CB00B.jpeg

Found a car on one of the american forums that ticks the boxes to make the heep more practical. It sits on 15” wheels running 225/70/15 with 20mm offset and 30mm lift kit.
I will be running 22 mm offset (after spacer) 16” rim with 225/70/16 and 30mm lift also so should sit like this if a little higher
ED106875-8C18-43EC-A64A-1C0B922D801C.jpeg

F93F38ED-9675-439B-847C-97DAE6A2D275.jpeg

Cheers

Last edited:

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Welcome to the CRV club. I’ve had my 05 one for close to 8 years. Auto petrol though so half your mpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
can't wait to see what you do with this after watching what @BarryPort done with the we jimny

hopefully a couple of the off road adventure days in flagstaff will be coming up again this year and you can take it to it

There’s 1 tomorrow (y)

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Eh
4 of these, It will be grand. I think
9A00F530-C722-4FFE-A812-753E3A68B14D.jpeg

Suppose il be washing the side of the heep more often.

Post man also brought new rear springs. Got messed around with the general grabbers i had ordered, so ordered the same cooper discovery that are in the pic above dispatched from germany yesterday. Lift kit has cleared customs so should be on for baby monster truck creation week after next. I have a feeling my days of hitting the inner arches with a grinder and a sledge are not over just yet.

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Haha cheers thought i would be shunned with such a boring wagon.
Me and the awl fella were loggin again today. To be fair the bmw touring would never of got up this rocky gate entrance. The steep incline is impossible to determine in the video. The ruts where me during the winter. A couple of the gate entrances still catch the underbody and the lift will eliminate that thankfully.

Nothing very impressive but when you consider Im hauling this at the same time lol the old dog does well. Using my da’s ‘non chav’ trailer today.
D604A751-B814-4B9E-8AE1-0982A16E369E.jpeg

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Document this here as it kinda was done at the same time I acquired the car.
Had an old trailer lying rotting. A man I know does agricultural metal fab work owed me a favour for clearing a wind blown storm tree during the winter. I left the trailer over to him and asked him if he would make it road worthy again. He replaced all mounting points and all steel angle under the floor and around the base. Superstar. Must of taken him ages and all for free.
Had a set of tsw volcanes from my mr2 lying in the garage.
Sparyed them silver, painted the trailer silver with the ladder bar black. New led lights, plate and timber. Think 70 odd quid in paint and materials and its back in operation.
Chav trailer was born.
777BAE83-41E4-4525-9536-2A4E3A192E8A.jpeg

How it sits tonight ready for the dump in the morning.
06B6A6EE-E52E-4A31-ADDE-CC1E1184250A.jpeg

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
Document this here as it kinda was done at the same time I acquired the car.
Had an old trailer lying rotting. A man I know does agricultural metal fab work owed me a favour for clearing a wind blown storm tree during the winter. I left the trailer over to him and asked him if he would make it road worthy again. He replaced all mounting points and all steel angle under the floor and around the base. Superstar. Must of taken him ages and all for free.
Had a set of tsw volcanes from my mr2 lying in the garage.
Sparyed them silver, painted the trailer silver with the ladder bar black. New led lights, plate and timber. Think 70 odd quid in paint and materials and its back in operation.
Chav trailer was born.
View attachment 192961
How it sits tonight ready for the dump in the morning.
View attachment 192960

think that trailer could do with some spacers lol