Wanted Wireless Router and network card

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

tori

RMS Regular
Wanted Wireless Router and network card

Ok just bought myself a laptop !! I want to have my pc and laptop both workin broadband ! Ive been told i need a Wireless ASDL Router and network card, Anyone no of any ? And is this all i need ??
Thanks !

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
The best 1 on the market at the minute is the NETGEAR DG834GT Super Wireless ADSL Moden Router.

Comes with a 108Mbps USB Adapter to make your Desktop wireless too..

Im using it at the minute, running both latops and the desktop from it, and it delivers a great connection all over the house to all the computers..

Well worth the £85 in PC World (y)

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
ive got a BT router with laptop card and 2 desktop ones £50 and its yours

comes with CD's and ethernet cables

Kiffer

Drives
98 Teg Type R
Tori,
I went for a Linksys wireless-G ADSL Gateway Kit for Notebooks and bought a seperate usb Dongle for my desktop. Total price was under £60 in PCworld (even though I thing they are quite expensive) Only runs at .. you guessed it 54 Mbits per sec but it is quick enough. Range is quite low though. It just covers my whole house. Get a 108Mbit per sec for more speed between PCs(won't affect internet speed as the internet is slower than the 54Mb) or a MIMO model for more range.

tori

RMS Regular
OP
T
Ok well, tbh, i know nothing about this all !!! I know we have a toshiba laptop which has a 56k modem and wireless LAN in it ! Also has a Built in wifi, my pc jus thas the broadband modem ! I just wanna b able to use my laptop at the same time as my pc, mostly in the same room, but possible sometimes upstairs as well !!! So if this all makes sence !!

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Damn Fine Clio said:
The best 1 on the market at the minute is the NETGEAR DG834GT Super Wireless ADSL Moden Router.

Comes with a 108Mbps USB Adapter to make your Desktop wireless too..

Im using it at the minute, running both latops and the desktop from it, and it delivers a great connection all over the house to all the computers..

Well worth the £85 in PC World (y)

who says this is the best mate??? I am looking for a good router. And if this is the best one. and at that pricve. i will def go for it. thanx

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
jshek007 said:
who says this is the best mate??? I am looking for a good router. And if this is the best one. and at that pricve. i will def go for it. thanx

I went by what the fella in PC World said.. I was looking at a more expensive 1, but he recommended that which was cheaper, which made me think he was being genuine, and not working on commision :p lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.